Olin Hall 343
BS, Psychology, Bradley University
MS, PT, Physical Therapy, University of Alabama at Birmingham
PhD, Educational Administration, Illinois State University
As an undergraduate psychology major who took many basic science and math classes to fulfill my biology minor, I knew I wanted to work in healthcare. I was torn between continuing graduate school in psychology, attending medical school or pursuing physical therapy. My very wise undergraduate advisor suggested that I start shadowing clinicians in each of those areas to see where I felt I fit. I discovered that I loved the field of Physical Therapy and never looked back. After receiving my master’s degree in PT, I worked in St. Louis and Peoria in outpatient and inpatient settings, taught part-time in the Illinois Central College Physical Therapist Assistant program and was fortunate to be the first faculty hired for Bradley’s program in Physical Therapy. The Physical Therapy profession has treated me well, and I love it just as much now as when I first discovered it!
- KHS 210 Concepts in Personal Wellness and Fitness
- KHS 320 Applied Physiology of Exercise
- PT 630 Foundations of Physical Therapy
- PT 666 The Research Process
- PT 790 Cardiovascular, Pulmonary and Integumentary Physical Therapy
- PT 810 Health and Wellness
- PT 830 Physical Therapy Differential Diagnosis
- PT 686, 716, 766, 816 Supervised Research I-IV
I thoroughly enjoy working side-by-side with students, engaging them in learning in meaningful, applicable ways. I especially love working with undergrads and first year PT studentsin my classes where they learn the beginnings of client/patient examination, evaluation and treatment. It is so much fun helping them begin to “put the pieces together” on their educational journey to becoming health care practitioners!
Most of my scholarship isin the area of women’s health physical therapy. I am interested in factors that affect the diagnosis and treatment of the following: incontinence in women, osteoporosis, orthopedic issues and pregnancy related issues such as back pain and mobility. I am also interested in topics regarding physical therapist examination techniques and practices. I’ve authored and co-authored articles and presentations on these topics.
- Chair of the PTHS Department Outcomes Assessment Committee
- Chair of the PTHS Department Marketing and Alumni Relations Committee
- Member of Department Strategic Planning and Tenure and Promotion Committees
- Faculty Advisor to Student Organizations: Wags for Mags Service Dog Training Organization and Gamma Phi Beta Sorority
Off campus: ●
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Maggie Bertram Foundation for the Fine Arts
- Volunteer for Paws Giving Independence Service Dog Training Organization
Licensures and Certifications
Licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Illinois