The French minor introduces you to the language, cultures and literature of the French-speaking world. Courses give you practice speaking and writing the language while you explore culture, literature and film. Beyond the classroom, you can participate in conversation tables, the French Club and the Global Scholars program on campus or travel abroad through Bradley’s multiple short-term and semester long study abroad programs. The minor is open to all students and is often paired with majors such as business, communication, psychology, sociology, international studies and other world languages.
Elective Courses (choose six) - 18 hrs.
- WLF 202: Intermediate French 2 - 3 hrs.
- WLF 301: Paris - 3 hrs.
- WLF 303: Composition - 3 hrs.
- WLF 306: Composition and Conversation - 3 hrs.
- WLF 308: Advanced Conversation - 3 hrs.
- WLF 315: Introduction to French Literature - 3 hrs.
- WLF 316: Topics in French Language and Literature - 3 hrs.
- WLF 320: French Phonetics - 3 hrs.
- WLF 321: French Culture and Civilization - 3 hrs.
- WLF 322: Contemporary France - 3 hrs.
- WLF 334: Commercial French - 3 hrs.
- WLF 340: French Literature I - 3 hrs.
- WLF 341: French Literature II - 3 hrs.
- WLF 351: Cinema Francais - 3 hrs.
- WLF 370: Francophone Identities - 3 hrs.
- WLF 430: Introduction to Translation - 3 hrs.
- WLF 490: Advanced Topics in French and Francophone Literature and Culture - 3 hrs.
- WLF 492: Practicum in French - 1-3 hrs.
- WLF 495: Independent Study - 1-3 hrs.