The Turner School of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Big Idea Competition is a chance for you - Bradley students and alumni - to pitch an innovative idea, product, service, or new business. Demonstrate your creativity by presenting your entrepreneurial ideas to a panel of judges and potential investors.
When you join the Big Idea, you’ll gain knowledge on the processes of turning ideas into opportunities, incorporating feedback to iterate, and developing networks to increase likelihood of success, all while gaining exposure to potential investors.
- Receive support to showcase your innovation in the Big Idea Trade Show.
- Obtain mentoring for your ideas from professionals in the entrepreneurial ecosystem when selected as finalists.
- Grab some cash to invest in your business idea:
- 1st place finishers $6,000
- 2nd place - $4,000
- 3rd place - $2,000
- Earn in-kind prizes valued at $5,000 for co-working space, consultation on legal, patent and trademarks topics and more
Come to ideation sessions (Idea Factory - Library #229)
- February 7 for students interested in participating but don’t have an idea or a team, or want to improve and develop the idea. Walk-in anytime between 3 to 5 PM.
- February 15 for students to learn to prepare a comprehensive, attractive 2-page submission. Walk-in anytime between 4 to 6 PM.
Screening Round - initial review of ideas
- Submit a 2-page written summary of your idea by February 18, 2024 by 11:59 PM.
- Up to 20 ideas advance to the next round based on judges’ selection.
- Selected teams are notified February 25 and must attend a mandatory two-hour Coaching Session on February 27, from 3 to 5 PM or March 4, from 4 to 6 PM at the Idea Factory (Library #229), in preparation for the Trade Show. Additional coaching sessions available upon request.
Trade Show & Elevator Pitch
- Hayden-Clark Alumni Center Peplow Pavilion: March 21, 2024, 3 to 5 PM (Free parking available in the Main Street parking deck.)
- Teams demonstrate their business idea and have an opportunity to make an elevator pitch to the judges
- Community voting as well as judges’ evaluation of elevator pitch and Trade Show booth determine which Big Ideas advance to the final round.
- Finalists are notified on March 23.
- Written Feasibility Plan due April 14, 2024 by 11:59 PM.
- Finalist teams receive coaching to write the 10-pages feasibility plan for the judges’ review
- Judges consider the quality of the business plan for top finisher prizes.
- Live Presentations: April 22, 2024, 3-5 PM, Peplow Pavilion at the Hayden-Clarke Alumni Center.
- All Bradley students and the entrepreneurial ecosystem members are invited to watch your 10 minute presentation followed by 5-minute Q&A from judges.
- Winners selected from judges’ combined scores on the feasibility plan and presentation.
- Awards presented