International Students

International Students

International students are those who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States and who intend to enter Bradley University to pursue a full-time course of study.

Admission Requirements

Admission is based on a review of each student’s total academic and extracurricular record. Care is taken to ascertain that student's goals and aspirations are consistent with their academic abilities. In determining an applicant’s qualifications, the following criteria are used:

  1. The high school record of scholastic achievement and extracurricular and community activity.
  2. Results from the SAT or ACT.
  3. Evidence of English language proficiency (minimum 79 iBT TOEFL or 6.5 academic IELTS).
    Students who score between 61-78 TOEFL (iBT) or 5.5 IELTS and are otherwise academically eligible to be admitted to Bradley will be given consideration for conditional admission pending a successful completion of the English as a Second Language program at Illinois Central College. Successful completion is measured by scoring a 79 TOEFL/6.5 IELTS at the end of the term.
  4. Written personal statement.
  5. Judgments made as a result of personal interviews and campus visits.
  6. Recommendations from appropriate school and community persons are recommended but not required.

Other admission requirements:

High school transcripts

In the United States, educational records are called “transcripts.” A “transcript” is an official document issued by an educational institution which states all subjects studied, grades or marks received (including failures), the “credit” received, and the grading scale used (including the lowest passing mark). The length of time in the classroom, the number of classes per week for each subject, and an explanation of the educational system should be included.

Official Academic Records

All applicants must submit educational records (official transcripts, country examinations, diplomas and certificates) which have been certified by an officer of the educational institution issuing the documents or by a U.S. or local government official. Secondary school records should represent the last four years of study. Any document submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official certified English translation. All U.S. and Canadian documents must come directly from the principal or registrar to Bradley University. All university-level records must come to Bradley University directly from the institution attended. All university-level study will be evaluated for possible transfer credit. Accurate evaluation cannot be made without a syllabus, catalog, or course descriptions. Consequently, all transfer students must submit their foreign catalog (providing program and course descriptions) in English or in an official English translation. Students of international or American schools abroad should also provide SAT or ACT scores.

Student Visa

Students wishing to attend Bradley on a F-1 student visa will need to supply a Financial Certification form along with bank statements and/or scholarship award letters to confirm that all college, personal, and travel expenses are covered for each year at the University. Once a student’s proof of financial support has been received, his or her immigration form I-20 will be processed and instructions on how to apply for an F-1 visa will be provided.

Students who are within the U.S. on a current F-1 visa wishing to transfer to Bradley must also provide a copy of their current I-20 and transfer-in form.

This is the official catalog for the 2016-2017 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.