Students Not Pursuing a Degree

High school students who have completed their sophomore year and are interested in taking classes at Bradley, but not in pursuing a degree, may be admitted at any time as undergraduate students-at-large. Contact Undergraduate Admissions and:

  1. complete an application to be an undergraduate student-at-large;
  2. forward a high school transcript as evidence of having attained a “B” or better grade point average; and
  3. submit three letters of recommendation from secondary school teachers or guidance counselors.

Credit Courses for Undergraduate Students Not Seeking a Degree

Students who wish to enroll on a part-time basis (less than 12 semester hours) in undergraduate courses, who do not hold a bachelor’s degree, and who do not intend to complete an undergraduate degree, may apply for admission to Bradley as an undergraduate student-at-large.

Undergraduate students-at-large are subject to all University policies and regulations including academic probation and dismissal. If a student’s cumulative grade point average falls below 2.0, the student will be placed on probation. A minimum of a 2.25 grade point average will be required in succeeding semesters until the student’s cumulative grade point average is increased to 2.0 or higher.

Students who have been denied regular admission to Bradley and students dismissed from the University are not eligible to enroll as undergraduate students-at-large.

A maximum of 45 semester hours taken as an undergraduate student-at-large can be accepted toward a degree program. A student-at-large who decides to seek a degree should apply as a transfer student.

Non-degree-seeking students who already hold a bachelor’s degree and who wish to take undergraduate courses on a part-time basis must be admitted through the Graduate School. Students who have completed an undergraduate degree should refer to the Graduate Catalog or contact the Graduate School, 200 Bradley Hall, by phone at (309) 677-2375, by e-mail at, or online at Students who already hold a bachelor’s degree and are only interested in pursuing a teaching certificate or students who wish to pursue an additional bachelor’s degree should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (800) 447-6460.

This is the official catalog for the 2016-2017 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.