Fees and Expenses
The University may make appropriate changes in fees and expenses beginning in fall 2016. Quoted fees below are actual rates for 2016-2017. All checks and money orders should be made payable to Bradley University.
For additional information, visit http://sfs.bradley.edu/.
Tuition & Fees
Full Time Charges 2016-2917
|Tuition (12-16 credit hours per semester)||$31,740|
|Room & Board||$10,010|
|Activity & Health Fee||$380|
These expenses comprise the direct costs of attending Bradley University. Some courses may require additional course fees. Credit hours in excess of 16 per semester result in additional charges of $740/hr. The amount you will spend on books and supplies, transportation, and personal expenses, will average an additional $3,366.
Part Time Charges 2016-2017
|1–7 hrs.||$850/sem. hr.|
|7 1/2–11 1/2 hrs.||$980/sem. hr.|
Summer and J-Term 2016-2017
|Summer 2016||$830/sem. hr.|
|J-Term 2017||$850/sem. hr.|
|Summer 2017||$850/sem. hr.|
• May Interim (3-week)
• May Interim (8-week)
• Summer 1
• Summer 2
$85/sem. - all undergraduate students with 9 hours or more
$25/sem. - all graduate students except Doctor of Physical Therapy and Executive MBA
$105/sem. (for all students with 7 hours or more)
Applied music fee
Full-time students $175; part-time students $275 per hour.
Engineering tuition surcharge
A surcharge of $50 per semester hour will be assessed for all classes taught under the direction of the College of Engineering and Technology.
A surcharge of $50 per course will be assessed on the following courses: NUR 203, 207, 307, 309, 315, 317, 403, 409, 411, 413, 417.
Class and lab fees
Please consult your instructor regarding various additional fees (e.g. art fees, chemistry breakage fees, etc.)
With the exception of the courses noted below, any credit hours in excess of 16 will be charged at the rate of $760 per credit hour.
Credit courses for which no charge is made if they cause excess hours:
MUS 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 309, 310, 327, 328, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 375, 376; HON 100, 101; LAS 101, 305; EHS 120, 305; CFA 100, 101, 305; THE 107, 108, 207, 208, 307, 308, 407, 408.
Payment Options & Due Dates
Bradley expects payment arrangements to be completed prior to the start of each academic term. For the fall and spring semesters, by paying the full balance due on or before August 2, 2016 and January 6, 2017 respectively you avoid additional payment plan fees. Pay-in-full is your most economical option. However, for the regular semesters the university also offers longer-term payment options through the Deferred Payment Plan and Monthly Installment Payment Plan.
Payments for the interim (January and May) or summer terms are due no later than 12:00 Noon on the first day of the respective term(s). There are no payment plan or longer-term payment options available for the interim and summer sessions.
Accepted Forms of Payment
Payments for all charges on the billing account (tuition, fees, room & board) can be made by cash or check in person at Swords Hall-First Floor. Payments can be made via checks mailed to:
1501 W. Bradley Avenue
Peoria, IL 61625
Payments can be made online by credit card. A 2% fee is assessed on credit card transactions when using VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express for tuition and fees. The University cannot accept credit card payments over the telephone. A payment kiosk will be available in Swords Hall for in-person credit card payments. At no additional charge online payments can be made by ACH debit from checking or savings accounts.
If you have questions about using a credit card for student fees payments see FAQ-Credit Card Payments for Student Fees.
Payments from Banks Located Outside the United States
Bradley University has partnered with Flywire, formerly peerTransfer, to provide you with an easy and secure method of sending international electronic payments. All processes remain the same. Only the name is changing.
Flywire allows you to:
- save on bank fees and exchange rates in over 48 currencies,
- pay from any country and any bank,
- receive peace of mind with dedicated multilingual customer support,
- track your payment from start to finish.
- To submit your payment, log on to www.flywire.com/pay/Bradley:
Select your home country and the available payment options will be displayed.
- Complete the information requested.
- Per the instructions provided, you will send your home currency from your bank account (via phone, online or in person) to Flywire.
- Flywire will convert your currency to U.S. dollars and forward that to Bradley University.
Here are some guidelines and policies on determining your payment amount:
- Review your bill at MyBU.Bradley.edu. Use the amount on the bill to request funds from your bank.
- The funds sent through this process are for tuition, fees, and room and board charges billed by Bradley University. Funds received will be used for current, past due and future terms.
- Do not request funds through this process for off-campus living expenses. You will need to make arrangements to have these funds come directly to you.
- If you have not registered for classes for the coming term, you may estimate the amount needed by taking the current tuition rate times the number of hours you plan to register for. Be sure to include extra for course fees, surcharge fees, activity fee and health fee. The University fee structure is online at sfs.bradley.edu – click on “Charges and Payment Options”.
- If your bank has questions about this process, you may provide them with 3rd party access to your billing by setting them up with a log in to view your bills. Instructions for this process is also at sfs.bradley.edu, click on “Charges and Payment Options” and then “Online Viewing and Payment”.
For the fall and spring semesters, three payment options are available.
Option 1: Pay in Full
The plan requires the entire semester balance charges, less financial assistance to be paid in full on or before the due date for that semester: August 2, 2016 for the fall semester and January 6, 2017 for the spring semester. If the balance for the semester is paid in full prior to the first day of the term, no additional fees are charged unless changes are made to the student's schedule or financial aid.
Option 2: Deferred Payment Plan - DPP
This plan divides each semesters' balance into 4 installments. Payment is determined by taking semester charges, subtracting semester financial assistance (not including work study), and dividing the balance by 4. The first payment is required before the start of the semester. A finance charge of 4% will be applied once to the remaining balance each term. Remaining fall payments are due in October, November, and December; spring payments in March, April, and May. There is no application required.
DPP Fall 2016 Payment Due Dates
- August 2, 2016
- October 5, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- December 1, 2016
DPP Spring 2017 Payment Due Dates
- January 6, 2017
- March 3, 2017
- April 3, 2017
- May 1, 2017
Option 3: Monthly Installment Payment Plan - MIPP
Available for full-time undergraduate students attending both semesters, this plan allows you to pay annual charges in 12 installments. Your Monthly Installment Payment Plan (MIPP) is determined by taking total annual charges, subtracting financial assistance (not including work study), and dividing the balance by 12. No interest or deferment is charged, but an annual, non-refundable set-up fee of $135 is required. Payments begin June 1st and end May 1st (automatic payments are available). You must apply each year to participate in the MIPP program.
For every period of enrollment students must confirm their intentions to matriculate by taking an action called "Claiming Classes". Classes are claimed in one of two ways: By making a payment on the balance due for each period of enrollment or, if there is no balance due (zero balance or pending refund), by completing the steps outlined on your MyBU account.