Legal Studies Minor
The legal studies minor is to provide students with a curriculum devoted to the development of research and communication skills unique to the legal profession. The minor embraces the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by lawyers.
The minor is open to any student in any college and any major.
The minor will be comprised of a total of 15 hours and require the following:
- PLW 101 Introduction to the Legal Profession (1 hour)
- PLW 102 Introduction to Legal Research (2 hours)
- PLW 325 Legal Ethics (3 hours)
- PLW 400 Capstone Senior Experience (3 hours)
Six hours from the following:
- ENG 306 Business Communication (3 hours)
- COM 330 Communication Law and Ethics (3 hours)
- PLS 460 Constitutional Law (3 hours)
- PLW 295 Introduction to Trial Advocacy (3 hours)
- HIS 307 History of the Early American Republic (3 hours)
- BLW 342 Legal Environment of Business (3 hours)
- BLW 347 Law and the Entrepreneur (3 hours)
- BLW 360 Business & Intellectual Property (3 hours)
- BLW 395 Real Estate Law (3 hours)
At least one course must come from the BLW list of courses.
This is the official catalog for the 2021-2022 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.