International Students

International Students

International students are those who intend to study at Bradley University while on an approved visa status.

Admission Requirements

Admission is based on a review of each student’s total academic and extracurricular record. Care is taken to ascertain that an applicant's goals and aspirations are consistent with their academic abilities. International students should follow all instructions for first-year or transfer student admission as listed. In addition, all international applicants are required to submit proof of English language proficiency. Approved test scores and possibilities for a waiver can be found on the international admission website.

English Language Proficiency

Applicants who are not US citizens, with the exception of Legal Permanent Residents, are required to show proof of English language proficiency. Acceptable exams and minimum scores are listed below:

TOEFL iBT minimum 79 (paper-based minimum 550)
IELTS minimum 6.5 overall band
PTE Academic minimum 56
E3PT minimum 68
ACT minimum 19 on English exam
SAT minimum 1000 combined score
Cambridge English C2, C1, or B2 (minimum 176)
GCSE or IGCSE minimum A in A Levels English

*Bradley University is test-free. If an ACT or SAT score is submitted, the score will only be used to determine English language proficiency, and will not be used for any other admission decisions.

Bradley's institutional code for score reporting is 1070. All scores should be sent directly to Bradley University. Graduate and International Admission does not accept language certificates; letters from counselors, advisors, or professors; or other assessments not listed above as proof of English language proficiency.

English Proficiency Waiver

Applicants who are eligible for a waiver of English language proficiency must meet one of the following requirements:

  1. Applicants that graduated from a high school where the primary mode of instruction was English. Transcripts from the secondary institution must be provided for verification.
  2. One year of full-time study or more at a secondary institution located in the U.S. within the last 4 years. Transcript and proof that academic courses were taught in English must be provided for verification.
  3. Two years or more of continuous full-time work experience in the U.S. within the last 4 years. A current resume and an employment letter on company letterhead stating the dates of employment for verification.

Other admission requirements:

High school transcripts

In the United States, educational records are called “transcripts.” A “transcript” is an official document issued by an educational institution which states all subjects studied, grades or marks received (including failures), the “credit” received, and the grading scale used (including the lowest passing mark). The length of time in the classroom, the number of classes per week for each subject, and an explanation of the educational system should be included.

Official Academic Records

All applicants must submit educational records (official transcripts, country examinations, diplomas and certificates) which have been certified by an officer of the educational institution issuing the documents or by a U.S. or local government official. Secondary school records should represent the last four years of study. Any document submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official certified English translation. All university-level records must come to Bradley University directly from the institution attended. All university-level study will be evaluated for possible transfer credit. Accurate evaluation cannot be made without a syllabus, catalog, or course descriptions. Consequently, all transfer students must submit their foreign catalog (providing program and course descriptions) in English or in an official English translation.

Student Visa

Students wishing to attend Bradley on a F-1 student visa will need to submit the Bradley University Affidavit of Support to confirm that all college, personal, and travel expenses are covered while attending Bradley. Once a student’s proof of financial support has been received, an I-20 will be processed and instructions on how to apply for an F-1 visa will be provided.

Students who are within the U.S. on a current F-1 visa wishing to transfer to Bradley must request a SEVIS transfer from their current institution.

This is the official catalog for the 2023-2024 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.