The University owns and operates 12 residence halls with a total capacity of 2,140. The experience in group living that students who reside in these halls enjoy is a valuable part of their total educational experience. The University also owns the Student Apartment Complex (SAC) located behind the Caterpillar Global Communication Center. Each of the 100 units is unfurnished and has its own living room, bedroom, bath, and kitchenette. Additionally, Bradley University also operates an off-campus apartment complex, St. James Apartments. Located near Bourland Avenue, St. James Apartments can house 600+ students with multiple options.

Since the University takes no responsibility for personal property, each student should check to see if family insurance covers personal items while in residence on campus. If not, it is recommended that each student consider fire and/or theft insurance as a protection, regardless of living accommodation.

All full-time, first- and second-year students must live in the residence halls. The Exceptions include:

  • veterans,
  • students who are 21 years of age by September 1 of the current academic year
  • students who live with nearby immediate relatives (sister or brother who are non-Bradley students, aunt, uncle, parents, grandparents) within a 40-mile radius of the campus,
  • cases involving documented medical reasons for which accommodations cannot be made within the residence halls.

To live in the residence halls, you must be a Bradley University student. Part-time undergraduate students may live in the residence halls. Requests for exceptions to these rules should be sent to the office of Residential Living and Student Conduct. Students can amend their residential choices to live in a sorority or fraternity house through a review process at the conclusion of each semester.

Housing Agreement and Housing Fee

To reserve a room in a residence hall, new freshman and transfer students must submit a non-refundable $100 housing fee and electronically signed Residential Hall Housing Agreement. This agreement will be made available at the student’s admission page by the admissions office after the housing fee is paid.

This agreement is binding for the entire academic year and includes room and board charges for both semesters. If a student moves into a residence hall it is understood that they agree to be responsible for room and board payments through the academic year, even if they have not filled out or signed a residence hall agreement. Students who enter the residence halls for the spring semester are only subject to the terms for that semester.

The halls will be closed to all students during Thanksgiving break, semester break and spring break. The halls close for the summer on the day following the last final exam in May. Students will have an opportunity to express their choice of a hall and roommate preference on the residence hall housing application, which will be made available to them at the time of admission. Students furnish their own linens, pillows, spreads, and blankets for twin-size beds, their own washcloths and towels, waste cans, desk lamps, desk chair, and small personal items of furniture.

New Students

Entering students are urged to file their residence hall applications as soon as possible after they receive notice of their admission to the University. Application is made by the housing agreement, available online through admissions at YourBradley. Those who apply earliest before the semester in which they plan to enroll are more likely to receive the assignment they wish. Applications will not be accepted until after admission is complete.

Married Students

Furnished houses and apartments for families with children are available in the Peoria area. We advise married students to visit Peoria in advance to look at the accommodations before they enter into any lease arrangements.

Inquiries regarding Student Apartment Complex (SAC) or Residence Halls can be made by contacting:

Residential Living
Bradley University
1501 W. Bradley Ave.
Peoria, IL 61625
(309) 677-3221

Off-Campus Properties

St. James Place Apartment Complex

St. James Apartments at Bradley University is university owned, off-campus housing. Aside from being a Bradley University student, qualified individuals must be 20 years of age by September 1 of the current school year for the lease year the individual is applying. The 17-building complex offers spacious one to four-bedroom apartments. Just a short distance (.3 miles) off campus, all units come fully furnished, including dishwasher, full-sized refrigerator and electric stove. Laundry facilities are located in each building. Most utilities are provided, including internet service connected to the university’s network. St. James Apartments also includes 24-hour emergency maintenance and roommate placement services.

Inquiries can be made contacting:

Off-Campus Properties
Bradley University
1103 W. Main Street
Peoria, IL 61606
(309) 677-2100

Main Street Commons

Main Street Commons, is a five story, 184-bed, amenity-rich student housing development located just one block from campus. Independently-owned, this student housing development offers the following amenities for each unit: individual leases, fully furnished, private bathroom for each bedroom, fully-appliance kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer in each unit, 43" flat screen television, Wi-Fi, study/TV lounge, a multi-layered security system, elevator service, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour emergency maintenance, tanning facilities, and enclosed parking available. The facility is open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors (co-ed living optional) with two and three bedroom units available. Submit your application to Live at Main today!

Inquiries can be made by contacting:

Main Street Commons
1109 W. Main Street
Peoria, IL 61606
(309) 673-4585

Students living off campus may eat in any residence hall on the same program that residence hall student’s use. Two meal plan options are available. Additional information can be found at https://www.bradley.edu/sites/quickcard/meal-plans/

This is the official catalog for the 2023-2024 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.