Additional International Requirements

English Language Proficiency (all non-U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents)

Applicants who are not U.S. citizens, with the exception of Legal Permanent Residents, are required to provide proof of English language proficiency Acceptable exams and minimum scores are listed below:

  • TOEFL iBT minimum 79 (paper-based minimum 550)
  • IELTS minimum 6.5 overall band
  • PTE Academic minimum 56
  • E3PT minimum 68

Bradley's institutional code for score reporting is 1070. All scores should be sent directly to Bradley University. Graduate and International Admission does not accept language certificates; letters from counselors, advisors, or professors; or other assessments not listed above as proof of English language proficiency.

Applicants who are eligible for a waiver of English language proficiency must meet one of the following requirements:

  • Applicants that graduated from a high school where the primary mode of instruction was English. Transcripts from the secondary institution must be provided for verification.
  • One year of full-time study or more at post-secondary institution located in the U.S. within the last 4 years. Transcript and proof that academic courses were taught in English must be provided for verification.
  • Two years or more of continuous full-time work experience in the U.S. within the last 4 years. A current resume and an employment letter on company letterhead stating the dates of employment for verification.

Additional Post-Admission Requirements for F-1 International Students

If you plan to apply for an F-1 student visa or are already in F-1 student status and will transfer your SEVIS record to Bradley University, the following documents must be submitted upon admission:

In order for an I-20 to be created, F-1 students are required to show proof of available funds to cover at least one year of study at Bradley. This includes the estimated full cost of living. All proof of funds must be dated within six (6) months of submission. All applicants must submit Bradley’s Affidavit of Support, completely filled out, and including required documentation (see form for details).

If you are currently in active F-1 status at another institution, it is necessary to have your SEVIS record transferred to Bradley University. Inform the International Advisor (Designated School Official) at the institution you are currently attending of your intention to transfer to Bradley University and complete any transfer out forms (if applicable). Notify us once your record has been transferred in SEVIS.

At this time, you will receive a “Transfer Pending” I-20. After you have reported in person by attending International Student Orientation, the transfer process will be finalized and you will receive a new "Transfer Complete" I-20. If you have questions about the transfer process, contact your current International Advisor or Bradley Graduate and International Admission at