Obtaining a Student Visa

Once you have decided to attend Bradley, you will need to determine whether it is necessary or you to apply for an F-1 student visa. If you are not already in the U.S. on a visa status eligible for study, you will most likely attend Bradley on an F-1 visa. 

In order to apply for an F-1 visa, you will need an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility sent to you from Graduate and International Admission. You must submit our Affidavit of Support with required additional documentation to show proof of funding. Once you have your I-20, you will need to pay your I-901 SEVIS Fee. To get information about the process follow Step 2 and Step 3 at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students/.

Your next step will be to set up an appointment with the nearest American Embassy/Consulate to apply for your visa. When you go for your appointment make sure you have the following documents with you:

  • Your I-20 Certificate of Eligibility
  • Proof of your I-901 SEVIS fee payment
  • Admit letter
  • Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months)
  • Affidavit of Support and additional documentation

You can find more information about obtaining your student visa at the Education USA website.

NOTE: By law, you must check-in with and attend the university whose I-20 you use to obtain an F-1 Student Visa and present at the border for entry into the United States.