Non-degree Students

Students may enroll in coursework at Bradley University without being admitted to regular undergraduate or graduate programs. For students wishing to receive regular course credit, this type of enrollment is called “Non-Degree Seeking” enrollment and is subject to a special admission process. Students may also take advantage of Bradley’s non-credit offerings by enrolling in Continuing Education Programs.

Undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking Admission
Students wishing to enroll in undergraduate coursework without regular admission to an undergraduate degree program are classified as Undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking. Undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking students must complete the following admission process prior to enrolling at Bradley:

  • Submit a completed Application for Non-Degree Seeking Admission.
  • Submit official transcripts or letters of good standing from all previous and current institutions of attendance.
  • Meet all prerequisite coursework for the classes they wish to take.
  • High school students and international students must meet additional requirements described on the application.

Undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking students may take a maximum of 11 semester hours during the fall and spring semesters. A maximum of 45 semester hours taken as an Undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking student may be applied to undergraduate degree programs.

  • Applications for the January Interim and Spring Semester must be submitted by December 10.
  • Applications for all other academic terms must be submitted at least two weeks before the start of the planned academic term.

Graduate Non-Degree Seeking Admission
Students wishing to enroll in graduate coursework without regular admission to a graduate degree program are classified as Graduate Non-Degree Seeking. Non-Degree Seeking students must complete the following admission process prior to enrolling at Bradley:

  • Submit a completed Application for Graduate Admission available at the Graduate School website.
  • Submit proof of an earned bachelor’s degree, or the internationally recognized equivalent. It is recommended that students provide official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended at the time of application. Official transcripts, including verification of a bachelor’s degree, must be provided during the first semester of enrollment.
  • Applicants who are not native English speakers must submit evidence of proficiency in the English language as demonstrated by the results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).

Acceptance as an Non-Degree Seeking student does not constitute admission to any particular graduate program or imply permission to register for any particular class. Non-Degree Seeking students must meet any prerequisite requirements and may require instructor permission prior to enrolling in certain coursework. For more information, please visit the Graduate School website.

Continuing Education Programs
Specializing in the delivery of non-credit workshops and conferences, Continuing Education offers programs for professionals, senior citizens, and youth. Annually serving over 3,500 individuals, Continuing Education is currently offering several programs for college-age students: ACT/SAT Review, Institute of Reading Development, Piano Preparatory School, 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, and the Summer Forensics Institute.

For more information, visit the Continuing Education website, email, or stop by the office on the southwest corner of University and Main.