Frequently Asked Questions
I will be completing my requirements soon and want to graduate. What do I do?
All students must apply to graduate in order to receive a certificate. Applications alert campus officials of your desire to graduate and initiate the process of checking your requirements. Applications are due at the beginning of the semester you wish to graduate. Students can apply to graduate via MyBradley under the “Other Info,” on MyOnline under the “Certificate Application” tab or via a paper application that can be found on the Registrar’s Office website or at the Registrar’s Office located in Swords Hall 11.
I have applied for my certificate. How do I know if I am approved or have met all of my requirements?
Any questions regarding requirements or your approval status should be directed to your Program Coordinator.
When are certificates conferred?
Certificates are conferred in May, August, and December of each year. Certificates can only be conferred after all requirements are met. Certificates cannot be back dated for any reason. If you have outstanding requirements, your certificate cannot be conferred until the next conferral date regardless of when the requirements are completed.
When will my certificate appear on my transcript?
Certificates post to transcripts approximately 3 weeks after the certificate conferral date. Graduating students can order their transcript prior to that date and specify “After Degree is Posted” when ordering to have their transcript sent after the certificate is posted to their record. Students receive a complimentary copy of their official transcript with their certificate.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates are mailed to students approximately 6 weeks after the end of the respective May, August or December semester. If you have a grade hold on your record for any reason, your certificate will not be released until the hold is cleared. Holds do not inhibit the conferral of a certificate, only the release of official documents (i.e. certificates, transcripts).
How are certificates sent?
Certificates are sent first class mail in stay flat cardboard mailers. Certificates are mailed to the certificate address supplied by the student when they apply to graduate. If you need to change your certificate address prior to the certificate conferral date, you can change it through your MyBradley or MyOnline account. If you need to change your certificate address after the certificate conferral date, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (309) 677-3098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What size are certificates?
Diplomas are standard letter size, 8 ½” X 11”, and landscape oriented.
What should I do if I have not received my certificate after several weeks?
There are several reasons your certificate may not have been received:
- You have a Grade Hold on your student record that restricted your certificate from being mailed. You can check for Holds on your record by logging onto your MyBradley or MyOnline account or contacting the Registrar’s Office at 309-677-3101 or email@example.com.
- Your certificate address is incorrect/insufficient. You can verify your certificate address in MyBradley or MyOnline or by contacting the Registrar’s Office at (309) 677-3098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have yet to complete one or more certificate requirements. You can check your Program of Study for outstanding certificate requirements or contact your Program Coordinator.
- Your certificate is being sent to an international address. If your certificate is being delivered to an international address, it will likely take longer to be delivered. We ask that you wait 8 weeks from the date that your certificate was mailed if it was being sent to an international address. If you would like to arrange for your certificate mailer to be sent via an expedited delivery service (e.g. FedEx, DHL), you may do so in advance by contacting the Registrar’s Office at (309) 677-3098 or email@example.com. Be advised that you will be charged an additional shipping fee per the expedited delivery service.
- Your certificate was mailed to the correct, domestic address but has not been received yet. In this case we ask that you wait 6 weeks from the date that the certificates were mailed. In the past, we have found that diplomas and certificates take longer to be delivered. Please check with your local post office to see if they have held your certificate mailer for any reason. If the post office is unable to locate your certificate mailer, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (309) 677-3098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do if my certificate was received damaged?
If you received your certificate and it was damaged in the mail, please return the damaged certificate to the Registrar’s Office in a standard mailing envelope using the return address listed on the certificate mailer. Please contact the Registrar’s Office at (309) 677-3098 or email@example.com to explain the situation and request a new copy.
What information is listed on my certificate?
Your certificate name, certificate earned, and certificate date are all listed on your certificate.
Spring 2023 Graduation Timeline
|February 10, 2023||Deadline for graduation applications to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. Applications are available on MyBradley or MyOnline.|
|Mid-June 2023||Certificates posted to student records and transcripts.|
|Late June 2023||Certificates mailed to student supplied mailing address via first-class mail.|
Summer 2023 Graduation Timeline
|July 14, 2023||Deadline for graduation applications to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. Applications are available on MyBradley or MyOnline.|
|Mid-September 2023||Certificates posted to student records and transcripts.|
|Late September 2023||Certificates mailed to student supplied mailing address via first-class mail.|
Fall 2023 Graduation Timeline
|September 15, 2023||Deadline for graduation applications to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. Applications are available on MyBradley or MyOnline.|
|Mid-January 2024||Certificates posted to student records and transcripts.|
|Late January 2024||Certificates mailed to student supplied mailing address via first-class mail.|
Apply to Graduate
Certificate students may apply online via MyOnline or MyBradley. Online applications are accepted through the end of the third full week of the semester. After that MyOnline will not allow you to apply online for the current graduation date, and you must turn in a paper application to the Registrar’s Office, Swords Hall Room 11.