Campus Communication Channels
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to submit announcements, news, calendar items, and story ideas to the Office of Public Relations as it acts as a clearinghouse for the dissemination of information to Bradley constituencies including all media. Staff members will consult with campus groups to determine the best channels to use to reach the desired internal and external audience(s).
Services & Contacts
B-News - weekday transmission via email to faculty and staff (unless otherwise subscribed)
- This is the preferred method for mass distribution of internal email messages and announcements rather than individuals using global address books or long lists of email addresses to send event and program information to faculty and staff.
- All items are edited for style and brevity.
- Send information to email@example.com.
Media Releases - statements prepared for local, regional or national media
- Recent releases can be viewed on:
- MyBU – an online portal designed for students, faculty and staff
- University Newsroom - website featuring University news, events, student achievements and more
- Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Coaching & Media Logistics - preparation for and scheduling of media interviews
- Upon request, staff will help prepare you for media appearances with mock interviews and other desired preparation assistance.
- Staff will handle scheduling of interviews with media. If you receive requests for interviews from the media, please forward them to Renee Charles or Haley Krus.
Digital Monitors - monitors around campus that may be used to display announcements
- Must be 1920 x 1080 pixels at 72 pixels per inch (ppi), in landscape orientation and jpeg format.
- Send image to email@example.com.
Calendar of Events - web-based listing of campus events
- Submit event to https://www.bradley.edu/calendar/.
Social Media (Newsroom) - Facebook and Twitter posts that feature Bradley news stories
- The official handle for the Office of Public Relations is @BradleyNewsroom.
Employing the communication services of the Office of Public Relations will result in effective, consistent, and efficient distribution of information to University constituencies and will reduce redundant and unsolicited communications. We thank you for working with us.