Bradley University is a private institution. Media are required to obtain permission from the Office of Public Relations PRIOR to arriving on campus.
The Office of Public Relations at Bradley believes that restrictions on news media personnel should be limited. However, to respect the privacy of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors, there are some rules regarding access. The following are policies for news media access and the use of photo and video equipment on the Bradley University campus.
- At the University's discretion, media may report from the campus on news of public interest.
- Media representatives are expected to observe parking and other regulations.
- Access to all residence halls is strictly prohibited.
- Entry to classrooms, offices and other university property must be arranged in advance with the Office of Public Relations.
- A staff member will accompany media while on campus.
- Still and video photography on campus from which images will be used for commercial profit or distribution, or any use other than reporting for an accredited news media outlet, requires permission at least two weeks in advance.
- The campus may not be used for advocacy of political positions or candidacies.
Emergency situations may require that these policies be suspended or altered.
For more information and to make various arrangements, call Renee Charles, University Spokesperson & Executive Director of Public Relations, (309) 677-3260.