Interdisciplinary Honors Program Seminars:
The initiative facilitated the development of new interdisciplinary-themed HON 100 seminars. They will be connected to the Bradley University Honors Living Learning Community in Fall 2022.
Wendy Beanblossom (Biology)
- HON 100: Do You Really Know What You Think You Know?
Dan Getz (Philosophy and Religious Studies)
- HON 100: The Life You Want: Confucius Speaks
Melinda McBee Orzulak (English)
- HON 100: This Is Where You Belong: Finding Home at Bradley, in Peoria, and Beyond
John Williams (History)
- HON 100: Conflict and Survival in 21st-Century Western European Film
Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Research and Creative Projects Summer Fellowship Program:
This new program provides financial resources for undergraduates and faculty mentors to pursue significant interdisciplinary research and creative projects during the summer months.
Ana Gabriela Galvao (Major: Mechanical Engineering, with a Biomedical Concentration)
Chaciydah Heffner (Major: Kinesiology and Health Science, Minor: Health).
Mara Kleinerman (Major: English; Minors: World Languages and Cultures; Sociology; Women's and Gender Studies
- Title: Digitally Mapping the Abject Characters in William Faulkner’s Stories
- Faculty Mentors: Danielle Glassmeyer (English), John Nielsen (History), and Johannes Burgers, Director, Digital Yoknapatawpha Project (University of Virginia)
Seth Metcalfe (Double Major: Music and Psychology)
Austa Schley (Major: Psychology, Minor: Neuroscience)
- Title: Type 2 Diabetes Stigma: Intersectionality of Stigmatizing Characteristics
- Faculty Mentors: Dawn Roberts (Psychology) and Deb Erickson (Nursing)
Miah Stiefel (Major: Psychology, Minor: Legal Studies)
- Title: Reframing Perceptions of Anxious Behavior by Supervisors in the Workplace
- Faculty Mentors: Tony Hermann (Psychology) and Candace Esken (Management and Leadership)
Paired Courses Initiative:
Two courses link with shared readings and joint events at key points in the semester. The initiative enhances curricular connections, faculty connections, and integrative learning.
G G Md Nawaz Ali (Computer Science & Information Systems) and Suruz Miah (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Paired Courses: CIS 445/545: Integrative Programming and ECE: 444/544: Introduction to Autonomous Robotics.
Carmen Keist (Family and Consumer Sciences) and Kristen Strom (Education, Counseling and Leadership)
- Paired Courses: FCS 335 Survey of Fashion Designers and ETE 260 Children’s Literature
Cory Barker (Communication) and Scott Cavanah (Interactive Media)
- Paired Courses: I M 243 History of Animation and CFA 321 Topics in Genre: Romantic Comedy
Julie Quigley (Education, Counseling, and Leadership) and Katherine Sarsfield (Nursing)
- Paired Courses: ENC 641 Assessment Spring 2023 and NURS 684 Advanced Psychiatric Interviewing and Differential Diagnosis
Sara Baker Netzley (Communication) and Heather Ford (Interactive Media)
- Paired Courses: COM 391 Data Journalism and IM 363 User Experience Design Topics