Fall 2022 Hours Of Operation
|Monday||10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
These hours may be subject to change due to temporary changes in tutor availability. Please refer to the tutoring availability on Navigate for the most up-to-date schedule. Please note that the Writing Center will be closed during campus recesses and semester breaks.
Connect with us on Instagram & TikTok for Writing Center updates, writing tips, and other fun things! Our tag is @bradleywritingcenter on both platforms.
Visit the university's Coronavirus Information website for all other information and updates.
The Bradley Writing Center is a free resource to all Bradley students. We are located on the 3rd floor of the Library, in Rooms 311 and 312 of the Academic Success Center. We offer in-person and virtual appointments, as well as asynchronous Assistance By Email Reviews and Quick Question help with writing tasks for all disciplines. Some of the things we help with include:
- Essays/Research Papers/Lab Reports (Undergraduate and Graduate-Level)
- Scholarship Essays
- Creative Writing
- Technical Writing
- STEM Writing
- Group Writing Projects
- Visual Texts/Visual Presentations
- Formatting and Documentation Systems (i.e. MLA, APA, CMS, etc.)
To Schedule an Appointment:
Students can arrange to receive help from the Writing Center in the following ways:
- Make appointments online through Navigate. Click here to learn more.
- Use the Appointment Request Form
- Email Us: email@example.com
- Call Us: 309-677-3254
Online EHS Counseling, Ed.D., and Nursing Graduate Students
As of April 18, 2022, writing support for your programs is provided by Smarthinking, which is accessible as part of your online courses. Please reach out to your section instructor and/or lead instructor for more information on the use of this service.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SERVICES AND POLICIES
Assistance By Email (ABE)
Need Writing Center help, but don’t have time for an appointment? Are you unavailable to meet during our regular operating hours? No problem!
The Writing Center is now offering asynchronous Assistance By Email (ABE). This option allows all Bradley students to submit writing assignment drafts and assignment sheets for tutor feedback without having to schedule an appointment.
ABE reviews will be typically be returned within 24-48 hours, so be sure to plan ahead. In addition, please be aware that return times may be longer during high-demand points in the semester (including midterms and finals). If your wait for feedback will be longer, we will keep you updated on when you can expect to receive your review.
To submit your writing assignment for an Assistance by Email (ABE) Review, click on the Assistance By Email (ABE) link. Once there, complete the form and upload your assignment sheet and draft for review. Submit the form, and you’re all set!
Quick Questions Portal
Do you have a quick question about writing that may not require a full Writing Center appointment? Want to know how to format a resource in APA? Have a quick question about your thesis statement? Need to know if you’ve punctuated a sentence correctly?
We’ve got you covered with our new Quick Questions Portal! To submit your question, click on the Quick Questions Portal link and complete the online form. You will receive an emailed response to your question from one of our Writing Center Tutors, typically within 24-48 hours.
Other Important Writing Center Policies
The tutors at the Writing Center are committed to assisting as many students as possible. The following policies allow us to provide that service. These policies have also been altered to ensure safe social distancing practices. Please read through all policies before arriving for your appointment. We appreciate your understanding.
- Students are encouraged to make appointments at least one hour in advance to ensure that we will be available to help. Walk-ins will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In accordance with current Bradley health and safety policies, masks/facial coverings will be worn based on the agreed-upon terms of the student and tutor. Students should bring a mask/face covering in the event that it may be required by the tutor. Students can also request that the tutor be masked, and the tutor will be happy to honor that request.
- No hard copy drafts will be allowed. Please bring a laptop to share your draft electronically or email your draft to the Writing Center prior to your appointment.
- Students are encouraged to make an appointment for at least 24 hours before their paper is due, as this will allow time for further revision after receiving feedback from the tutor. If this is not possible, no worries--we will still help you as best we can!
- Please understand that we are tutors, not a proofreading service. We are here to help students improve their writing, not simply to correct their mistakes.
- Tutors are available for live tutoring only during the posted operating hours and won’t be able to meet, schedule appointments, or answer emails/phone calls outside these hours.
- Students may schedule one Writing Center appointment per day. All Writing Center services are free of charge to Bradley students.