Grievance Procedure

It is fair to say that even with the best efforts of everyone involved with service delivery, a problem may occur. If this should happen, the student is strongly encouraged to let the Office of Student Access Services know so a solution can be found as quickly as possible. Experience has shown that many times a problem arises because of a misunderstanding or miscommunication, and often clarification can be a quick and effective solution. In working to resolve problems, the following steps are recommended:

  1. Start by discussing the problem with the person involved.
  2. If the matter is still unresolved, communicate with the person in charge of the services or program in question.
  3. If no solution has been found to this point, call and make an appointment to meet with the Student Access Services Director at (309) 677-3654.
  4. If the conflict remains, contact the Vice President for Student Affairs at (309) 677-3148.

The University will make every effort to resolve conflict by informal means. Throughout any of these procedures the student may expect to be treated with respect and dignity, receive a timely response, and have the issues handled in a confidential manner. The University expects the student to bring up any problems early, give clear and detailed information, and be respectful of the people who are involved.

Formal procedures for appealing administrative decisions and the academic grievance process can be found in the Bradley University Student Handbook.

Students may file a complaint with the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights at:

Chicago Office
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
Citigroup Center
500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475
Chicago, IL 60661-4544

Telephone: 312-730-1560
Fax: 312-730-1576; TDD: 800-877-8339