Attend a Career Fair
Career fairs are a great way to meet candidates and build your brand on campus. Tips to make your experience more valuable:
- If you are attending the virtual AND in-person fairs, think creatively about how you would like to engage students! Use the virtual event to offer information that will guide the students to your in-person booth. For example, offer group sessions sharing insights about your internship program, share tips related to the application/interview process, target first/second year students to begin developing a talent pipeline, etc.
- How to Stand out at You Next Virtual Career Fair
- Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
- Post a job/internship listing on our website inviting interested candidates to visit your booth to learn more information.
- Connect with students/alumni who have registered for the event inviting them to stop by your booth.
- Align your initial screening interviews with our fair in order to quickly follow-up with top candidates. Build a schedule at the fair to interview students that evening, the next day, or a date 2-3 weeks after the fair.
- Become an Employer Partner. Let the Smith Career Center staff help advertise your visit through special recognition and advertising activities.
- Connect with our staff to learn more services offered to employers by the Smith Career Center.
- Purchase an ad in Bradley's campus weekly newspaper, The Scout, to announce your visit. Contact them at (309) 677-3067 or at their e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask your Bradley interns to distribute company information before the fair. Invite them to assist you at your booth during the fair.
- Volunteer to assist with one of the job search events led by the SCC staff.