Billing Information

Financial and academic dates and deadlines may differ. The information in this section is financial; academic dates and deadlines are available in Students in Distance Learning Programs, please refer to

Fall/Spring Semester Financial Course Load

Total course load at the end of the second week (Fall: September 8, 2023 and Spring: February 2, 2024) will be considered by the Controller’s Office as the student’s semester course load base. Classes added after these dates will increase the semester course load base (This includes late registration for mini and modular courses).

For example: On September 14th a student is registered for 15 hours. This is the student's semester base load. On September 25th the student drops a three credit hour course - the semester base load remains at 15 credit hours. On October 1st the student adds a three credit hour class. The base load increases to 18 hours and the student is charged for the two extra hours.

If you drop one or more classes (reduction in hours), but remain registered for at least one course, the full tuition will be refunded for full semester classes (i.e. 15 weeks) dropped by the end of the second week of classes, ending September 8, 2023 for fall and February 2, 2024 for spring. There are no refunds for a class dropped after these dates.

Course fees, course surcharges, health fees and activity fees are not prorated or refundable.

Students with Tuition Remission

Students who receive tuition remission will be charged an additional $25, along with any applicable charges, if all classes are dropped. This is in effect for all terms - fall, spring, interims and summer.

Drop Policy

Each term (fall, spring, summer or interims), Bradley University provides a due date on the billing statement. The billing statement is on In addition, students are sent e-mail notifications to their Bradley e-mail account indicating that a payment is due and the due date.

In order for the student’s registration to be complete for a term, the student must confirm enrollment (“claiming classes”). This can be done in several ways:

  • The student makes payment or payment arrangements by the announced due date.
  • If the student’s account has a credit balance, the student completes the online process at to indicate a refund preference.
  • Or, if the balance is zero, the student completes steps on confirming the zero balance.

If one of the above processes is not completed, the student’s classes, for that specific term, will be dropped. The student will be notified via their Bradley e-mail account that classes have been dropped.

It is the student’s responsibility to re-register for the classes for that term. Information on registration is available at Once the student has re-registered, a new billing statement will be generated and an email will be sent to their Bradley account notifying them that payment is due immediately. If payment is not made at that time, the classes will be dropped during the next drop cycle.

Hold Policy

The Student Fees Office will place a registration and grade hold on a student’s account if that account is past due. The registration hold will prevent a student from registering for future terms. The grade hold will prevent a student from viewing grades, receiving transcripts and receiving a diploma. The hold will not be removed until the student’s account balance is current.

Contact Student Fees to make payment arrangements. Once payment and/or payment arrangements have been made, the registration hold may be removed. The grade hold will remain on the student’s account until the balance is current.

It is the student’s responsibility to:

  • Be aware of the payment policies found on
  • Keep updated on his/her account balance and financial aid information
  • Satisfy all financial obligations with the university

Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 Section 103

In accordance with the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 Section 103, effective August 1, 2019, Bradley University will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the university due to the delayed disbursement of a payment to be provided by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs under chapter 31 or 33 of this title.

For purposes of this policy, a covered individual is any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 funding through the federal government. The covered individual must notify the institution via submission of a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance not later than the first day of a course of education for which the individual has indicated the individual wishes to use the individual’s entitlement to educational assistance, submit a written request to use such entitlement, or provide additional information necessary to the proper certification of enrollment by the educational institution.

Confirming Enrollment (Claiming Classes)

For every period of enrollment, students must confirm their intentions to matriculate by taking an action sometimes referred to as "Claiming Classes". Enrollment is confirmed in one of two ways: By making a payment on the balance due for each period of enrollment or, if there is no balance due (zero balance or pending refund), by completing the steps outlined on your MyBradley account.

Confirming Enrollment (Claiming Classes) - Distance Education

For every period of enrollment, students must confirm their intentions to matriculate by taking an action sometimes referred to as “Claiming Classes”. Enrollment is confirmed in one of two ways: By making a payment on the balance due for each period of enrollment or, if there is no balance due (zero balance or pending refund), by completing the steps outlined on your MyOnline account.

Student Refunds

Bradley University has instituted the following procedures for applying student aid to a student fee account. Keep in mind that a student’s individual financial assistance package will vary and may not contain all types of awards listed.

Order of application of student aid toward Tuition, Fees, Room and Board Charges

  1. Federal Title IV Aid- Pell Grant, PLUS Loan/Federal Grad PLUS Loan, Stafford Loans, Perkins and Nursing Loans
  2. All other Title IV grants
  3. State of Illinois MAP Grant
  4. Private Loans
  5. External Scholarships
  6. Bradley Financial Aid

Based on this application of aid, refunds will generally be processed in the student’s name and per the student’s request will be mailed to the permanent home address, applied to the QuickCash account or deposited directly to a bank account. Students at other universities have been targeted by phishing campaigns designed to steal their personal information, including credentials (usernames and passwords). The passwords were then used to change direct deposit information for any refunds from financial assistance. Please be aware of phishing campaigns targeting you to steal your passwords, financial information, or refunds.

Refunds of $1.00 or less will not be processed.