Special Circumstances

For all applicants*, the FAFSA is completed using the income information reported on their 2021 federal income tax return. The results of the FAFSA using 2021 information will, in most cases, accurately estimate how much families are able to pay for college in 2023-24.

However, if circumstances have occurred in your household since filing 2021 federal taxes that may not be accurately captured in the 2023-24 FAFSA, it is important to communicate these changes to Bradley's financial aid administrators.

The following situations often are considered "special circumstances" and could result in changes to your 2023-24 FAFSA results:

  • 2022 household income will be less than 2021 due to job loss, change in parents' marital status, death or permanent disability of a wage earner, or one-time distributions from a tax-deferred retirement reflected on the 2021 tax return.
  • Extraordinary medical or dental expenses incurred in 2022 that will exceeded 10% of 2022 income.

If any of the above apply to your family or you have other circumstances you wish for us to consider, please communicate the changes by completing the Special Consideration Worksheet (available October 1st) below. If your FAFSA is selected for federal verification, this process must be complete prior to review of your special circumstance.


   1501 W. Bradley Avenue, Peoria, IL 61625

   (309) 677-3089

Special Consideration Worksheet

*If you completed your 2023-24 FAFSA using only student (and/or spouse) household and income information, you are considered an "independent" student. If you have special circumstances, this form is not applicable. Contact the Office of Financial Assistance at (309) 677-3089 for further instructions.