VPN Installation Instructions
VPN Client Upgrade To Newest Version
- When you login using an older client you will receive a message that an update is available.
- Click yes to allow the upgrade to the newer version. When you do, you will receive a verification message, click yes to continue installation.
- Once the upgrade has completed, open the Global Protect app and enter vpn-staff.bradley.edu for the portal name and click Connect.
- Enter your BUnetID and password then click Connect.
- You may delay the upgrade, if so, you can go to the file dropdown menu and select check version. It will then ask you if you want to upgrade to the new version. If you delay the upgrade, your older version will work for the time being.
- Download the correct GlobalProtect client installer for your operating system
- Double click on the installer to run it
- When the wizard starts, choose next
- Click next to select the default installation path
- Click next to confirm the installation
- After the installation is complete, click close
- Open the GlobalProtect client
- Enter vpn-staff.bradley.edu (staff) or vpn-student.bradley.edu (student) in the Portal box (the client will remember this once it's connected)
- Enter your BUnetID and password in the GlobalProtect window
- Click Sign In
- Download the GlobalProtect Mac client
- Double click the GlobalProtect installer
- When the installer starts, click continue
- Click Continue to select the default installation path
- Verify check box is checked next to GlobalProtect, click Continue
- Click Continue to install Global Protect
- Enter your username and password for your computer
- Click Close after the installation is complete
- Enter vpn-staff.bradley.edu (staff) or vpn-student.bradley.edu (student) in the Portal box, Click Connect
- Enter your BUnetID and password in the GlobalProtect window (the client will remember this once it's connected)
- Click Sign In
If during a new installation of Global Protect client and it's stuck on "connecting" to the portal?
- Go to your System Preferences
- Click Security & Privacy
- Click General
- For dialog box "System software from developer "Palo Alto Networks" was blocked from loading" select Allow