Strategic Marketing Management
Strategic Marketing Management is about employing all the elements of marketing strategy to address a dynamic business environment. We help you understand how market-focused firms differ from less effective organizations. You’ll also learn how to select appropriate target markets for your firm and how to develop, maintain and enhance profitable long-term relationships with your customers.
In Strategic Marketing Management, you will:
- Gain insight into how customers perceive value and select vendors.
- Explore the characteristics of market-driven firms (and learn why you and your company should care about them).
- Learn how well-executed market segmentation can help you better align your company’s strengths with the needs of customers.
- Discover how to craft a powerful value proposition that focuses effort and wins customers.
- Explore your company’s potential to offer customized solutions that provide the key benefits for which customers are willing to pay handsomely.
Dr. Edward Bond
World-class marketing is about having two things. First, a ravenous hunger for gaining insights into the opportunities and challenges that potential customers face; and second, disciplined processes for turning those insights into solutions that those customers will value highly.”
Department Chair and Associate Professor of Marketing