On Campus

In order to qualify as on-campus work, your employer must be Bradley University. Bradley has different on-campus work opportunities for students, but there is no guarantee that you will find a job on-campus in your first semester. The Smith Career Center hosts a Part-time Employment Expo every August where you can meet with employers looking to hire part-time. Be aware that some on-campus positions may require "work-study eligibility" which does not apply to international students.

For help with finding a part-time job on campus, please visit the Human Resources (HR) Office in Sisson 239 or visit the “Student Worker” section of the HR webpage. For advice on what to expect when looking or interviewing for a part-time job on campus, set up an appointment with a career advisor at the Smith Career Center.


  • You can start working on campus your first semester, provided all employee onboarding steps are completed. Once your onboarding is complete, you will receive a work permit from HR.
  • You can work up to 20 hours per week during the semester.
  • You can work up to 40 hours per week during winter and summer breaks.
  • Bradley must be your employer and issue your paycheck.
  • You must complete all employee paperwork with the Human Resources Office.
  • If you do not have a Social Security Number you must apply for a SSN once you have an offer of employment.

Human Resources/Payroll

Human Resources is located in Sisson 239. They handle all new employee paperwork online within the ADP application/payroll system, international student paperwork packet and work permits.

You must complete the onboarding steps online in the ADP system as well as complete the paperwork packet with the HR Office. You will not be able to complete any of the documentation until you have your Social Security Card in hand. HR will not accept a receipt as proof of a Social Security Card and will no longer issue temporary work permits.

Students are required to enroll in classes full-time or be approved for a Reduced Course Load before you will be approved to work on campus. If you have a Reduced Course Load, you will have received an approval email from ISS that you will need to print and bring to HR.

Payroll is located in Sisson 229. They handle student timecards, issue paychecks and distribute W-2’s for tax purposes.


  • Jobs are limited. There is no guarantee that you will find a department that will be willing to hire you.
  • You may not begin working in any department until your new employee onboarding and paperwork is complete and approved. There will be no exceptions to this guideline.
  • Hours are restricted. Government regulations only allow for international students to work up to 20 hours per week while school is in session. Once school is on winter or summer break, you can work up to 40 hours per week on-campus. If you do find a job on-campus, you will likely only be able to work a small amount of hours.
  • Bradley must be your “boss”. In order for employment to qualify for “on-campus”, Bradley must be your employer and pay you. Some examples include resident assistant, graduate assistant, dining services, library, maintenance, etc.