Deadlines and Submission Process for Internal Grants
Student Engagement Award (SEA) and Faculty Scholarship Award (FSA)
All SEA and FSA proposals must be submitted using Doc Soup (MyBU My Info Menu DocSoup Click on the Bowl of Soup Sponsored Programs Internal Grant Application). There are two deadlines annually. During the Fall semester, applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the Friday before Fall Break begins, and during the Spring semester, applications are due by 5:00 pm on the Friday before Spring Break begins. Please inform your immediate supervisor of your planned submission before the due date. The supervisor’s approval is due by 7:00 pm on the following Thursday.
Student Travel Award (STA)
Applications can be submitted at any time via email (email@example.com), but review will not occur until after the 10th day of the following months (January, February, March, April, June, August, September, October, and November). Applications received after the 10th day of the listed months will be reviewed with the next batch of applications. Award decisions should be available within two weeks of each review deadline. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit their application at the appropriate time. Retroactive requests will not be reviewed, nor will retroactive awards be made.
- Students: Complete the fillable pdf application form (typed not handwritten) and provide the requested information listed below.
- Evidence of your acceptance to present at a peer-reviewed/refereed/juried event. If a URL was not provided on page one of this application, attach a copy of the confirmation letter, e-mail, or a published listing from the event that shows the names of the student presenter(s).
- A Letter of Endorsement and a Commitment of Oversight from the faculty/staff mentor.
- Email the completed application with supporting documents in pdf file format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mentors: Provide student(s) with the necessary letter of support to include with the application, and submit an Academic Affairs Travel Authorization Form to your department chair/unit leader.