When applying for a passport, you must now make an appointment by calling (309) 671-8848 between 9:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to have information processed. The Post Office is also open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The office is closed on Sundays.
- Certified birth certificate
- Must have raised seal from court or Dept. of Health
- Must show filing date within one year of the birth date
- NO HOSPITAL BIRTH CERTIFICATES
- Payment must be two personal checks, money orders, cashier’s checks (No cash or credit cards accepted).
- $110 payable to U.S. Department of State (includes a $12 security surcharge)
- $35 payable to Postmaster
- Total cost is $135
Passports take approximately twelve weeks to be issued.
Peoria Main Post Office
95 State Street, Room 48
Monday-Friday: 9:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Urgent departure in approximately three to eight weeks
- Requires additional $60 expediting fee
- Recommended return Express Postage ($17.13)
Urgent departure in less than three weeks available upon request.
- Requires personal appearance at Chicago Passport Agency
- Applicant must call (312) 341-6020 for appointment
- Applicant must allow six hours processing time upon arrival
- Applicant must submit certified birth certificate, photo I.D., two identical passport photos, and proof of departure (such as plane ticket or itinerary)
- Applicant must submit appropriate fees ($85 plus $60 expediting fee)
- THESE EMERGENCY PASSPORTS WILL BE ISSUED SAME DAY
Call Sherry at the Main Post Office at (309) 671-8848 if you have further questions. You may also call 1-877-487-2778 for information or visit Travel.State.Gov
Contact Evan Temchin, University Photographer, (309) 677-2328, firstname.lastname@example.org, Comstock Hall 112
- 6 color passport-size photos - $10.00
- Additional prints - 6 for $2.00
- If two more more students make an appointment to come at the same time, the price is reduced to $8.00 each for 6 photos
- All charges must be paid with Bradley QuickCard. Cash and credit cards are not accepted.
- Photos available the same day or the next day, depending on other appointments
Walgreen’s takes color Polaroid instant passport pictures -- 2 for $9.99