Bradley University’s Foster College of Business is among the top 2 percent of business schools in the world to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB International), the leading business education accrediting organization. Further, our accounting program is accredited separately by AACSB, making the Foster College one of 186 institutions worldwide to be accredited in both business and accounting.
Why AACSB Accreditation Matters
AACSB holds institutions to very high standards to ensure quality and continuous improvement of collegiate business education. AACSB accredited schools:
- Have faculty, staff, and students that are meaningfully engaged with their professional and academic communities
- Are entrepreneurial, creating high quality and innovative programs that serve undergraduate and graduate students as well as working professionals desiring continuing professional education
- Are impactful, making a difference for the communities, businesses, and academic societies that we serve
- Are rigorous, dynamic, and relevant and prepare students for the challenging and changing global business environment
- Have the highest-caliber instructors and leading-edge courses and programs that connect your education to the real world
- Share the most-up-to-date knowledge to improve the business education globally
AACSB Accreditation Impact
Some ways that the innovative spirit of AACSB comes alive in the Foster College of Business are:
- Multi-disciplinary learning, such as business and engineering student collaboration
- Experiential learning through courses like Advanced Ethical Hacking or Marketing Research
- Senior consulting projects with real clients
- Hands-on learning through paid internships
- Student participation in regional and national conferences and competitions
- Community service, such as free tax return preparation for low income families
- International study abroad trips
- Consulting and coaching provided to business professionals through Center for Professional Excellence Center
- Big Idea Competitions for students and recent alumni to pitch business ideas and win cash prizes, plus free legal and accounting services
- Continuing workshops and seminars to support start-up businesses
We Achieve Great Outcomes
- 96 percent of our graduates received jobs within six months of graduation or are continuing their education (2018-2019).
- Our graduates receive jobs at organizations such as IBM, Caterpillar, Deloitte, Target, PwC, State Farm and John Deere.
- Our graduates have higher pass-rates on the CPA exam than students from non-AACSB accredited institutions.
- Overall, employers say that students who graduate from an AACSB accredited schools have better technical and soft skills.