Professor, Management and Leadership
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 3136
Ph.D., Management Science, University of Alabama
M.B.A., Western Illinois University
B.S., Chemistry, Western Illinois University
Awards and Honors
Faculty Excellence Award, Foster College of Business. (August 2009), Foster College of Business National Council of Advisors Research Award, 2004, Caterpillar Inc. New Faculty Achievement Award for Scholarship, 1996, Foster College of Business National Council of Advisors Research Award, 1996.
- M L 353 Operations Management
- M L 394 Supply Chain Tools and Techniques
Selected Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles in the Last Five Years
Defreitas, D. G., Fink, R. L., Gillett, J. W., Cox, W. (2013). Getting Lean and Mean at Caterpillar with ABM. Strategic Finance, XCIV(7), 24-33.
Brown, M. P., Fink, R. L. (2012). Human Resource Outsourcing in Health Care Organizations: Strategic, Cost, and Technical Considerations. Southern Business Review, 37(1), 51-60.
Brown, M. P., Fink, R. L. (2011). Performance Implications of Contract Nurse Staffing in the Context of Nurse Staffing Strategies. Southern Business Review, Winter, 2011.
Brown, M. P., Fink, R. L. (2010). Human Resource Outsourcing in Health Care Organizations: Strategic, Cost, and Technical Considerations. Thirty-First Annual International Industrial Relations and Human Resources Conference.
Nikolopoulos, C. (Principal), Fink, R. L., Griffith, J., Murtaza, S., Ramteke, S., "Machine Learning for Demand Forecasting," Sponsored by Caterpillar Inc., Private, $50,000.00. (August 2011 - July 2012).
- "Certificate of Appreciation in the Institute of Management Accountants annual Lybrand Awards manuscript competition", Institute of Management Accountants, 2013
- "Demand Strategy Competition 2011-2012", CAT Logistics, 2012
- "Best Paper Award", International Industrial Relations and Human Resources Conference, 2010
- Editor, Journal Editor, Journal of Small Business Strategy, 2010 - 2012
- Chairperson, Committee on the Use of Human Subjects in Research (CUHSR). (May 2008 – Present, Member 2002-present).