Business and Engineering Convergence Center 4172
MBA, Management, Bradley University
BS, Human Resources, Bradley University
Heidi Rottier has been a part of the Marketing faculty since 2001. As a graduate of Bradley University, Heidi is committed to continuing the Bradley tradition of excellence in undergraduate education. She is especially delighted to teach and advise students in the Social Media Marketing concentration and minor. A central Illinois native, it is also important to Heidi to give back to the local community and organizations. She volunteers her time and marketing experience with several local non-profit organizations, and serves on the board of Peoria Production Shop.
In the classroom it is important to Heidi that students have a sense of how marketing works in the “real world”. She makes it a point to use case examples and current events so that students understand the marketing decisions of brands they use every day.
Ms. Rottier teaches MTG 150, Marketing in a Dynamic World, an introductory course for students entering the field of marketing and those still trying decide what their course of study might be. Marketing in a Dynamic World provides students with an opportunity to explore marketing careers, as well as learn the basics of the marketing function. Rottier also teaches MTG 205, a specialized Marketing Presentations course. This course provides a one-of-a-kind experience for marketing majors, and has received the Foster College of Business Teaching Innovation Award. Ms. Rottier teaches Social Media Marketing (MTG 391), the capstone course for the Social Media Marketing concentration and minor. This course teaches students how firms social media networks to connect with customers.
Heidi has received several teaching awards as a result of her dedication to students. She has been named the Professor of the Semester by Chi Omega and Kappa Delta social sororities, and Greek Life leadership. In May 2005 she received the Foster College of Business Student Organization Advisor of the Year award. She has also been named to Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers.
Courses Currently Teaching
- Marketing in a Dynamic World – MTG 150
- Marketing Presentations – MTG 205
- Principles of Marketing – MTG 315
- Social Media Marketing – MTG 391
Heidi has received several teaching awards as a result of her dedication to students.
- Professor of the Semester, Chi Omega and Kappa Delta social sororities and Greek Life leadership
- Foster College of Business Student Organization Advisor of the Year, 2005
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- Phi Chi Theta's Faculty of the Year, 2012
- Foster College of Business Academic Advisor of the Year, 2017
Licensures and Certifications
- HootSuite Certified Social Media Professional
- HubSpot Social Media Certification
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification
- HubSpot Email Marketing Certification