Lucy Wenxiang Lu
Associate Professor, Accounting
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 2162
Ph.D., University of Texas at Arlington
M.S., University of Nevada, Las Vegas
B.A., Gansu University of Technology
Lucy Lu joined Bradley University as an assistant professor in the Department of Accounting in 2014. She has worked in various industries and has work experience in both corporate and public accounting in the areas of auditing, taxation, litigation support, and corporate consolidated financial reporting. Dr. Lu is a CPA and a member of the American Accounting Association and Beta Gamma Sigma.
Dr. Lu’s teaching interests are in the areas of financial and managerial accounting. She currently teaches Intermediate Accounting I and II (ATG 301 and ATG 302) and Accounting Principles - Cost Management (ATG 158). Prior to joining Bradley University, she taught managerial accounting and accounting for managers at the University of Texas at Arlington.
Dr. Lu's research interests include sustainability reporting, corporate governance, earnings management, and international accounting issues. Her work has appeared in American Accounting Association’s journals, such as the Journal of International Accounting Research (JIAR).
Selected Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles in the Last Five Years
Lu, W., & Taylor, M. E. (2015). Which factors moderate the relationship between sustainability performance and financial performance? A meta-analysis study. Journal of International Accounting Research, 15(1), 1-15. https://doi.org/10.2308/jiar-51103
Lu, L. W., & Taylor, M. E. (2018). A study of the relationships among environmental performance, environmental disclosure, and financial performance. Asian Review of Accounting, 26(1), 107-130.
Jiao, F. & Lu, L. W. (2019). Earnings management, benchmarking, and market valuation – A perspective from the hospitality industry. Journal of Accounting and Finance, 19(3), 65-96.
Research Grants and Awards
- "Texas Public Education Graduate Grant", Texas, 2012 - 2013
- "UT Arlington Doctoral Grant", University of Texas at Arlington, 2011 - 2012
- "Scholar of teaching and learning (SoTL) Grant", Bradley University, 2017-2018
- “Outstanding Paper of the Year--Emerald Literati Award”, Emerald Publishing, 2019
Practice in Field
Corporate and Organizational Board Memberships
- Member, International Association for Accounting Education and Research, IAAER. (May 2013 - Present).
- Member, American Accounting Association, AAA. (March 2010 - Present).
- Member and campus Liaison, Institute of Management Accountants, IMA. (August 2017-Present)
- Member, Illinois CPA Society-Central Chapter, ICPAS. (May 2016 – Present)
- Program coordinator, AAA International Accounting Section Regional Program. (August 2019 – Present)
- Member, Chinese Accounting Professors’ Association of North America, CAPANA, International. (October 2019 – Present)
Dr. Lu serves as a member on several committees at three different levels: department, college, and the university. She is the supervisor/coordinator of the Accounting Tutoring Lab. She periodically reviews manuscripts for several academic journals and textbooks in Managerial Accounting. Dr. Lu has volunteered as a moderator or discussant at different academic conferences and participated in the 2019 AAA HERO host program. Dr. Lu is a member of the Finance Committee of a local swimming team.
Licensures and Certifications
Dr. Lu is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in California, Texas, and Illinois.