Westlake Hall 015
PhD in Nursing, Illinois State University
MSN in Nursing Administration, Bradley University
BSN in Nursing, Bradley University
ADN in Nursing, Illinois Central College
I have worked in health care in the Peoria area since 1992, mainly focusing on acute care. Previous experience includes working at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in nephrology/urology, acute care cardiac, the Level 1 trauma center Emergency Department, Life Flight transport, and interventional radiology. I returned to Bradley to complete my RN-BSN and subsequently my MSN during my active bedside nursing career. I began my teaching career at Bradley in the Nursing Department in 2010.
- Fundamentals of Nursing Practicum (NUR 203)
- Medical Surgical II (NUR 316)
- Medical Surgical III (NUR 408)
- Medical Surgical IV (NUR 410)
- Nursing Simulation (Junior and Senior levels)
- Multiple nursing electives (NUR 233, 263)
- Junior and Senior practicum (NUR 317 & NUR 409, 417)
- Nursing Leadership (NUR 418)
- Senior Seminar (NUR 414)
- Research Design and Statistical Methods (NUR 705)
- Ethics in Advanced Practice Nursing (NUR 730)
Grugan, A., Hermann, M. (2022). In Kishor Vaidya (Ed.)., “How to Be Funny When Teaching Nursing,…(or at least how to TRY)” (pp. 6.). Melbourne, AU: Teach Nursing with a Sense of Humor: Why (and How to) Be a Funnier and More Effective Nursing Educator and Laugh all the Way to your Classroom. Peer-reviewed Book Chapter in a non-scholarly book.
Grugan, A., Clark, J. (2022). In Kishor Vaidya (Ed.)., “No Eating, No Meeting: Bringing Your Team to the Table” (pp. 5). Canberra, AU: Lead Your Department of Nursing with a Sense of Humor: Why (and How to) Be a Funnier and More Effective Educational Leader and Laugh All the Way to Your College. Peer-reviewed Book Chapter in a non-scholarly book.
Borton, R., Smith, K., Grugan, A. (2023). Presentation of a Type-B Aortic Dissection in a Healthy Young Female. MEDSURG Nursing, 330, 17.
Smith, K., Newell, A., Grugan, A., Borton, R. (in press). Arriving at the diagnoses of microscopic colitis: One patient’s journey. MEDSURG Nursing.
Grugan, A., Borton, R., Tupper, G. (2022). Planning for Department Succession: Anticipating a Gap in Leadership. The Department Chair, 32(4), pg. 10.
Borton, R., Smith, K., Grugan, A. (2022). Piloting an On-Campus Skills Bootcamp for Online FNP Students. Nurse Educator, 47(4), 1.
Grugan, A. S. (2021). Challenges of Researching Health Literacy and Adherence in the Emergency Department: An Individual Researcher Perspective. International Emergency Nursing, 56.
Jackson, J. E., Grugan, A. (2015). Nurses' Role in a Code Blue. Nursing 2014, 45(15), 34-39.
- Department Senator
- Chairperson of the Program Evaluation committee
- Simulation coordinator
- University Assessment committee member
- Partnership with the Engineering Department to lead senior projects collaborating with nursing
- Level coordinator for Junior and Senior levels