Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The mission of the Department of Nursing is to prepare baccalaureate and advanced practice nurses. Through faculty and student collaboration, dynamic learning environments, and mentoring, nursing graduates are prepared to be the next generation of nursing leaders and lifelong learners that will meet a global society's health care needs.
The Department of Nursing is committed to excellence in the preparation of professional nurses for a changing global society. Within the comprehensive university setting, the Department of Nursing provides a dynamic personalized nursing education.
- Excellence: Students are provided with distinctive educational programs and a supportive environment to fulfill their intellectual, aesthetic, and professional needs.
- Leadership: Students are prepared to utilize evidence based practice to manage patient care, promote quality improvement, and to lead interprofessional teams.
- Innovation: Students are prepared to integrate knowledge, skills and attitudes to improve patient outcomes and foster a culture of safety.
- Globalization: A liberal education provides a foundation for lifelong learning and prepares professional nurses to practice in a global society.
- Collaboration: Students are prepared to participate as members of the inter-professional team to deliver patient centered care.
- Community: Students are prepared to use evidence based practice in implementation of the nursing process to assist individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations across the lifespan in achieving optimal health.