Student Affairs

  • Student Affairs
  • Diversity and Inclusion
  • Health Services/Counseling Center
  • Off-Campus Properties
  • Housing & Residential Living
  • Smith Career Center
  • Springer Center for Internships
  • Student Involvement
  • Student Support Services

Student Affairs

The Division of Student Affairs’ mission is to connect and prepare students through co-curricular learning and extracurricular engagement to foster student success. Alongside our commitment to students, we embrace collaboration with our university and community partners.

We foster a commitment to the University’s core values of student success, knowledge and discovery, inclusiveness and connectivity, and excellence. The environment shaped by Student Affairs provides opportunities for the intentional development of the whole student, encompassing experiences beyond the classroom and addressing the complexity of the myriad environments they may face. Our goal is to ensure an enriched environment for learning, personal growth, and positive outcomes for our students.

Diversity and Inclusion

Located in the Romeo B. Garrett Cultural Center (824 North Duryea Place across from Williams Hall), houses the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI). Diversity and Inclusion functions to meet the various needs of students from historically underrepresented backgrounds—including students who are racially diverse, first generation, and/or are a part of the LGBTQ+ community. The Center serves as a meeting place for students and community groups as well as a place for social and cultural events. It also has access to computers for students to use, as well as an auditorium on the first level for programming. Named in honor of the late professor emeritus of sociology, Dr. Romeo B. Garrett, the Center is open every day during the regular academic year.

Health Services/Counseling Center

Student Health Services is an outpatient clinic that provides service to enrolled Bradley students who experience health problems. Students are assisted through advisement, treatment, consultations with health providers, and referral for extended treatment if necessary. While there is no charge for most on-site treatment, services provided through referral to outside agencies are charged by that care provider and are the student’s financial responsibility. The Center’s qualified staff of physicians, psychiatrist, counselors, and nurses is located in modern treatment offices in the Markin Center. They provide a point-of-entry for all university students to receive health care both at the Center and in the Peoria community. Professional counselors and supportive staff are trained to work with Bradley students in their growth and total development—social, emotional, intellectual, physical, spiritual, and occupational—as well as the environment in which they live.

Personal growth and development issues of adjustment to college, relationship concerns, alcohol and substance abuse, anxiety and stress management, communication skills, eating disorders, assertiveness, and lifestyle choices are some of the issues addressed by the counselors. Visits are confidential and free for Bradley students. The Center is open during the school year 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. The Center is open limited hours during breaks and regular summer school sessions. Students are seen on an appointment basis. At times when the Health Center is closed, patients are referred to the afterhours number, 677-3200, which connects to OSF St. Francis Phone Nurses Triage.

In addition to regular medical services, Health Services also offers special men’s and women’s clinics during the regular academic year. All students are required to have a student health form on file at Health Services before registering. To avoid penalties and delays in registering, return the completed health form and then verify through Health Services that it has been received and is complete.

Immunization Requirement: To comply with Illinois State law, all students registering for classes for the first time in a four-year college must show proof of proper immunization or titer showing immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diphtheria and meningitis.


Counseling is located in the lower level of Markin Recreation Center, Room 52. Students may bring their student ID with them to access the lower level. Counseling is staffed by a psychiatrist and professional counselors. Students may receive an assessment and therapy for disorders such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictions, and relationship concerns. Visits are confidential and free for Bradley students who have paid the health fee. Contact Health Services at 677-2700 to make a counseling appointment. A nurse will speak directly with the student to gain information about the needed services & acuity of the problem. The student will be scheduled with a counselor or with the psychiatrist or physician based upon the presenting concerns.

Off-Campus Properties

St. James Apartment Complex

St. James Apartments at Bradley University is university owned, off-campus housing. Aside from being a Bradley University student, qualified individuals must be 20 years of age by September 1 of the current school year for the lease year the individual is applying. The 17-building complex offers spacious one to four-bedroom apartments. Just a short distance (.3 miles) off campus, all units come fully furnished, including dishwasher, full-sized refrigerator and electric stove. Laundry facilities are located in each building. Most utilities are provided, including internet service connected to the university’s network. St. James Apartments also includes 24-hour emergency maintenance and roommate placement services.

Inquiries can be made by contacting:
Off-Campus Properties
Bradley University
1103 W. Main Street
Peoria, IL 61606
(309) 677-2100

Main Street Commons

Main Street Commons, is a five story, 184-bed, amenity-rich student housing development located just one block from campus. Independently-owned, this student housing development offers the following amenities for each unit: individual leases, fully furnished, private bathroom for each bedroom, fully-appliance kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer in each unit, 43" flat screen television, Wi-Fi, study/TV lounge, a multi-layered security system, elevator service, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour emergency maintenance, tanning facilities, and enclosed parking available. The facility is open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors (co-ed living optional) with two and three bedroom units available. Submit your application to Live at Main today!

Inquiries can be made by contacting:
Main Street Commons
1109 W Main Street
Peoria, IL 61606
(309) 673-4585

Students living off campus may eat in any residence hall on the same program that residence hall student’s use. Two meal plan options are available. Additional information can be found at

Housing & Residential Living

The University owns and operates 12 residence halls with a total capacity of 2,140. The experience in group living that students who reside in these halls enjoy is a valuable part of their total educational experience. The University also owns the Student Apartment Complex (SAC) located behind the Caterpillar Global Communication Center. Each of the 100 units is unfurnished and has its own living room, bedroom, bath, and kitchenette. Additionally, Bradley University also operates an off-campus apartment complex, St. James Apartments. Located near Bourland Avenue, St. James Apartments can house 600+ students with multiple options.

Since the University takes no responsibility for personal property, each student should check to see if family insurance covers personal items while in residence on campus. If not, it is recommended that each student consider fire and/or theft insurance as a protection, regardless of living accommodation.

All full-time, first- and second-year students must live in the residence halls. The exceptions include:

  • veterans
  • students who are 21 years of age by September 1 of the current academic year
  • students who live with nearby immediate relatives (sister or brother who are non-Bradley students, aunt, uncle, parents, grandparents) within a 40-mile radius of the campus,
  • cases involving documented medical reasons for which accommodations cannot be made within the residence halls

To live in the residence halls, you must be a Bradley University student. Part-time undergraduate students may live in the residence halls. Requests for exceptions to these rules should be sent to the office of Residential Living and Student Conduct. Students can amend their residential choices to live in a sorority or fraternity house through a review process at the conclusion of each semester.

Housing Agreement and Housing Fee

To reserve a room in a residence hall, new freshman and transfer students must submit a non-refundable $100 housing fee and electronically signed Residential Hall Housing Agreement. This agreement will be made available at the student’s admission page by the admissions office after the housing fee is paid.

This agreement is binding for the entire academic year and includes room and board charges for both semesters. If a student moves into a residence hall it is understood that they agree to be responsible for room and board payments through the academic year, even if they have not filled out or signed a residence hall agreement. Students who enter the residence halls for the spring semester are only subject to the terms for that semester.

The halls will be closed to all students during Thanksgiving break, semester break and spring break. The halls close for the summer on the day following the last final exam in May.
Students will have an opportunity to express their choice of a hall and roommate preference on the residence hall housing application, which will be made available to them at the time of admission. Students furnish their own linens, pillows, spreads, and blankets for twin-size beds, their own washcloths and towels, waste cans, desk lamps, desk chair, and small personal items of furniture.

New Students

Entering students are urged to file their residence hall applications as soon as possible after they receive notice of their admission to the University. Application is made by the housing agreement, available online through admissions at YourBradley. Those who apply earliest before the semester in which they plan to enroll are more likely to receive the assignment they wish. Applications will not be accepted until after admission is complete.

Married Students

Furnished houses and apartments for families with children are available in the Peoria area. We advise married students to visit Peoria in advance to look at the accommodations before they enter into any lease arrangements.

Inquiries regarding Student Apartment Complex (SAC) or Residence Halls can be made by contacting:

Residential Living
Bradley University
1501 W. Bradley Ave.
Peoria, IL 61625
(309) 677-3221

Smith Career Center

The Bradley University Smith Career Center empowers students to achieve positive career outcomes through career development, experiential education, and learning opportunities. We partner in this work with stakeholders who benefit from the skills and talents of our students and alumni.

With the help of the Smith Career Center, students and alumni can explore and define career options, develop job search strategies, obtain career-related work experience and identify and connect with prospective employers. The Center provides individual career advisement, job search workshops, extensive web-based career resources, a targeted internship & full-time employment database, several job fairs, a graduate/professional school fair, and campus interviews with prospective employers.

The Smith Career Center and the Springer Center for Internships also administer Bradley’s centralized co-operative education and internship program. Through internships, cooperative education, and summer or part-time employment, students have opportunities for professional development, which integrate classroom theory with supervised work experience.

Several hundred employers visit the Bradley campus each year to talk with our students, participate in job fairs and conduct interviews with candidates. Employers are eager to hire Bradley students and graduates because of the many skills and talents that were developed during their years at Bradley.

Springer Center for Internships

Students are encouraged to gain career-related work experience prior to graduation. Through internships, cooperative education, and summer or part-time employment, the Springer Center for Internships provides students with opportunities for professional development that integrate classroom theory with supervised work experience.

Cooperative education and internship courses are offered to students in all five colleges of the University. Students are guided through reflective learning assignments that complement the work experiences. Students have a choice of several options to follow. The part-time option allows students to attend classes while working part-time with a local employer. The full-time option allows students to work full-time during an academic semester or summer. The full-time alternating option is based upon alternating periods of full-time study and full-time work. All the above options correspond with the academic calendar.

A series of job search workshops is offered to assist students in the co-op or intern process. Employers review resumes and/or conduct interviews to make hiring decisions. Placement is not guaranteed. Student-developed jobs may be approved if they meet the work-learning criteria. A work assignment or credit will not be approved retroactively.

While on a registered full-time co-op/intern assignment, students are considered to have full-time student status, making normal progress toward a degree in a recognized University program, and are entitled to all student privileges at the University. Also while on a full-time co-op/intern assignment, students may register for additional hours of classroom study upon departmental approval.

In order to be referred to an employer or participate in an internship or cooperative education work assignment, students must be attending Bradley University. They also must be either registered for a minimum of three hours of non-cooperative education/internship credit or be on a full-time cooperative education or internship assignment.

For additional information about the program, contact the Smith Career Center at (309) 677-2510.

This is the official catalog for the 2023-2024 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.