Collection Development Duplication Policy
The Cullom-Davis Library aims to obtain all titles requested by our patrons. We recognize there are legitimate reasons to acquire more than one copy. To maximize the value of allocated resources, we will fulfill these requests only if they meet the guidelines below.
The library's policy is to acquire one copy of each selected item for the collection. In unusual circumstances, we may secure multiple copies for specific purposes.
The library will purchase:
- Two copies of works authored by Bradley faculty; one will be kept in Special Collections
- More than one copy when high demand is expected (e.g., if a book is a supplemental course reading)
- One additional copy may be purchased for every thirty students in a class, up to a maximum of four (4) copies. We will determine official enrollment with the Registrar’s Office.
- When more than one copy is acquired, the first copy will be hardback; additional copies will be paperback, if available.
The library will not purchase:
- Second copies meant exclusively for faculty use (office copies)
- Materials that will consume more than 20% of the fiscal year departmental allocation for books
How to request multiple copies:
- Faculty wishing to purchase multiple copies of a title should contact their liaison librarian.
- The collection development librarian has final approval on all requests.