Summer and Interim Sessions

Administrative Director, Neidy

Recognizing that students often need time to catch up, get ahead, or update their knowledge, Bradley offers special terms for taking courses. In January Interim students can earn up to four semester hours in classes that meet for approximately two weeks. In May Interim I, a three-week term, students can earn up to four semester hours; in May Interim II, an eight-week term, students can earn up to seven semester hours. Summer Session I, beginning in June, and Summer Session II, beginning in July, are four-week programs in which students can earn up to seven semester hours of credit in each term. The schedule for January Interim is available in October. May Interim and Summer Session course schedules are available in March. For more information about summer and interim sessions, contact Continuing Education, (309) 677-2374.

Admission to Summer and Interim Sessions

Students who have been admitted to Bradley and have attended the previous regular semester can generally use Webster, the online registration system, to register for summer and interim sessions. Thus, students wishing to register for January Interim must have attended during the preceding fall semester. Those wishing to register for May Interim and Summer Session terms must have attended Bradley during the preceding spring semester. In both cases, the student must be in good standing in order to register for interims and summer sessions. Students who are new to Bradley, or admitted students who have not recently attended Bradley, are admitted to Bradley in the following ways:

  • Students without undergraduate degrees wishing to enter an undergraduate degree program or take undergraduate courses at Bradley, contact Undergraduate Admissions.
  • Students with undergraduate degrees wishing to take graduate courses, contact the Graduate School.
  • Students previously admitted to Bradley who have not recently attended should contact the appropriate office indicated above.
  • Students who have completed, or will have completed, the requirements for a bachelor’s degree before the interim or summer sessions begin, and who have not been admitted to graduate study at Bradley University, must apply to the Graduate School. Graduate School forms may be obtained in the Graduate School office, Bradley Hall 200, or downloaded at

Housing and Meals

A residence hall will be open during all summer sessions. On-campus housing is not available during January Interim. The Housing Office maintains a list of available off-campus housing, but does not make reservations for students for such housing. Meals are available at reasonable prices in the cafeteria of the Student Center. Applications for housing should be made as early as possible to: Executive Director for Residential Living & Leadership, Sisson Hall, Bradley University, 1501 W. Bradley Ave., Peoria, Illinois 61625


A recreation center with a pool and indoor track, outdoor intramural field, and tennis courts provide recreational opportunities on campus. Five public golf courses, tennis courts, a zoo, a museum, and beautiful parks are easily accessible from the university. The Illinois River is popular for all types of boating and water skiing. Summer stock theatre, band concerts, the Peoria Civic Center, and a minor league baseball team are also available in Peoria during the summer. Special events such as Steamboat Festival, A Taste of Peoria, two 4th of July firework displays, and the Heart of Illinois Fair draw large crowds from across central Illinois.

Tuition and Fees

Tuition for all Summer and Interim courses is the standard 1-7 hour tuition rate charged by the University during the previous semester. An additional fee is assessed in some laboratory or activity courses. See Student Financial Services  (Tuition and Fees).

All motor vehicles must be registered. Fees are payable at the time of registration for classes.

All checks should be made payable to Bradley University. A student is not officially registered until tuition is paid or arranged.

See Student Financial Services (Billing Information) for specific details concerning any refunds for students who find it necessary to withdraw from school before the end of the session.

This is the official catalog for the 2013-2014 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.