Prepare for Academic Advising
All colleges and departments coordinate advising appointments a little differently. It is likely that your advisor will be a different person than who advised you before you started at Bradley.
Advising Checklist – Before Your Advising Appointment
- Identify when you are able to register by logging into MyBradley, and selecting the “Registration Navigation” link.
- Contact your academic advisor to schedule your appointment.
- Check your uAchieve Degree Audit in MyBradley to see a listing of classes you have already earned credit for and those which you will still need to take.
- Determine any outstanding University, core curriculum and major requirements.
- Determine if any courses you plan to take have prerequisites that you have not yet completed. You may be taking these prerequisites at your current institution but you will need to inform your advisor of this so they may have their department provide you with a prerequisite override. If the course you are looking to register for is outside of your major department you will need to ask your advisor to contact that department so they may provide you with a prerequisite override. Course descriptions and prerequisites are listed in the Undergraduate Catalog and Schedule of Classes.
- Make a list of classes you would like to take next semester either using Schedule Builder, which is located by logging into your MyBradley and/or the Schedule of Classes page which lists course offerings for the upcoming semesters. Create at least two proposed schedules for the upcoming term, including alternate courses in case any of your preferred courses are closed/full at the time you register.
- Decide if you are comfortable with the classes you selected and the number of total credit hours.
- Develop a list of questions you need to ask your advisor about your program or the classes you will be taking.