Extramural Proposal Routing Process
Note: We are no longer accepting paper copies or the pdf version of the transmittal form. Please use the Sponsored Programs link within Doc Soup to route proposals.
Bradley University requires that all Individuals who have received or are seeking extramural funding abide by the University’s Financial Conflict of Interest Policy:
Bradley University investigators seeking or receiving funding from an external entity must:
- Complete CITI Conflict of Interest (COI) Training at least once every fours
- Submit to OSP a Significant Financial Interest (SFI) Disclosure Form at least once every 12 months.
- Submit to OSP a new SFI form within 30 days when additional new SFIs are identified.
- Cooperate with any actions that may be undertaken to identify and manage financial conflicts of interest when the potential for a conflict of interest is identified in regards to a specific initiative or activity being proposed to an external entity for funding support.
The following is the minimum time-line for the internal routing of all extramural proposals.
As soon as possible, but no less than TEN days before the submission deadline
- Via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), submit a(n):
- After an initial review by the OSP office, Financial Services will be contacted to ensure that government, funding agency, and University budget policies have been followed. The chair of the department and the Center/Institute Director (if applicable) will also be contacted to ensure that they are aware that the proposal is being routed, and to give them time to identify funding for any compensation or cost-share commitments described in the proposal or budget.
SEVEN Days before the Submission Deadline
- Using Doc Soup (available through My BU), route the transmittal form to your Department Chair/Unit Director.
- The supporting materials to be uploaded into Doc Soup includes the proposal narrative, Financial Services approved budget, Current and Pending Support forms, other applicable documents (abstract, broader impact statement, assurance forms, etc.), and a copy of the agency's program guidelines (RFP), if not available on a website.
FOUR Days before the Submission Deadline
- The PI/PD should check Doc Soup to ensure that the chair/supervisor has approved the request to submit the proposal. The proposal will not be forward to others until the chair/supervisor has approved the submission.
- After an additional review of the packet by OSP, it will be routed to Financial Services, your Dean or the Vice President in charge of your unit, the Center/Institute Director (if applicable), the Associate Vice President for Advancement (if applicable) for review and approval by each office, and any other offices that have been identified on the routing form.
- You will be notified when your proposal has been fully reviewed and approved for submission. At this point, the budget cannot be modified unless all of the necessary approvals are obtained again.
Submitting the Proposal
In cases where a proposal must be submitted by an Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR), it is the PI/PDs responsibility to coordinate the submission with the Director of Sponsored Programs.
For all other proposals, it is the PI/PD's responsibility to mail or submit the proposal to the funding agency by the specified deadline. OSP will contact the PI/PD or their designate when the proposal has been approved for submission.