Coronavirus Information:
Bradley enacts two-week, all-student quarantine and moves to temporary remote learning from Sept. 8 at 8 p.m. through 7 a.m. Sept. 23. More Info »

Frequently Asked Questions

Is orientation mandatory as a transfer student?

Transfer students have the opportunity to meet with campus officials, learn more about on-campus services, and take advantage of priority registration for classes (priority registration is available for November and April Registration Day programs).

What is EHS 120 - The University Experience course and why should I take?

Transfer students have a one-time opportunity to enroll in EHS 120 which meets once a week for 50 minutes and is co-taught by an administrator and a current transfer student.  It is worth one hour of credit toward graduation and allows you the opportunity to meet and interact with other new transfer students, discover social and academic opportunities on campus and learn about support services that will aid you in your transition into Bradley.  Please contact the instructor David Trillizio, at with questions. 

How do I know if my credit will transfer?

Certain institutions have articulation agreements with Bradley, and the courses that will transfer are based largely on offerings at your previous school. Those coming from schools without an articulation agreement will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please visit the transfer guides page for a complete listing of articulation agreements.

Bradley University has also endorsed the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI). Read more about this agreement in our Undergraduate Catalog.

How and when am I able to pay for my classes?

Students not receiving a refund from Financial Assistance do not need to claim their classes online. For those receiving refunds, you may claim your courses by logging into MyBU and clicking on “My Tuition.”

A video tutorial on claiming classes is also available here.

Am I allowed to have a car on campus? 

Yes. You must purchase the parking decal (price varies depending on when you are paying for it, but starts at $200) before the start of the semester to park on campus. Learn more about parking and purchase a permit online at the Parking Department website. 

Where can I park?

You may park anywhere that is designated student parking (white lines) or in designated parking lots. Weekdays after 6pm until 7am the next morning and Friday evening from 6pm to Monday at 7am you may park anywhere on campus that is not a physically challenged spot or next to a fire hydrant. Parking in the St. James Apartment complex is strictly enforced 24 hours a day. A special permit must be obtained in order to park there. You may view or download a map of parking locations. 

Where do I turn in my Health Form?

Completed health forms can be turned into the Health Center, which is located inside the Markin Recreation Center. Students will not be allowed to register for classes the following semester until they have turned in the completed Health form.

How do I get involved with a campus organization?

Bradley University boasts more than 240 Student Organizations to keep students connected to campus. Whatever your interest, there’s an organization for it! If not, students are encouraged to start their own. Visit B Involved for a complete listing of Student Organizations.

During Welcome Week, there will be an Activities Fair where campus organizations have tables set up for interested students to ask questions. Be sure to stop by and look for the Office for Transfer Student Assistance table!

Where do I go to change my major?

All major changes are pending the approval from the department into which you are looking to transfer and the Registrar’s Office. To request to change into another academic program, it is first necessary to speak with your academic advisor, who will be able to help you determine if you should start the process. 

I’m struggling in class. Are there resources available for me?

As a Bradley student, you are eligible for free group tutoring or can arrange for private tutoring for a fee. Specific academic departments may also offer additional tutoring, free of charge. Specific academic departments also offer additional tutoring, free of charge. To learn more, visit the Academic Success Center website or call them at (309) 677-2416.

I need assistance with my writing skills. Is there someone who can help me?

The Writing Center (located in the Cullom-Davis Library 311/312) helps students needing assistance with their writing. They will not proofread your papers for you, but rather assist you in organizing your thoughts. To make an appointment, contact the Writing Center by calling (309) 677-3254 or emailing Walk-ins and Skype appointments are also welcome. The Writing Center is closed during the final examination period.

Where do I need to go to find an internship?

The Smith Career Center provides numerous services that help to connect students to professionals in their selected career field. Approximately 85% of Bradley students take advantage of internship opportunities, and the Smith Career Center will work with you to help translate skills learned in the classroom into professional development. Please visit the Smith Career Center to learn more about their internship programs.

How do I know what the requirements for my major are?

Major and minor requirements can be accessed using the online undergraduate catalog or you can review your uAchieve, which is a tab available in your Webster account. This tab will allow you to review all major, minor and University requirements. Within your uAchieve audit, you may also unofficially change your major to see if and where certain classes transfer from one major to the next.  If you have general questions please stop by Heitz Hall 100 and we would be happy to assist you.

If your question was not answered above, feel free to call or email our office at (309) 677-2420 /