Coronavirus Information: Bradley plans to resume on-campus classes in fall, summer classes will be online. More Information »

Frequently Asked Questions

These are the most frequently asked questions about the advising and registration processes. If you have a question that is not answered by this, please contact your academic advisor or the Office for Transfer Student Assistance.

Academic Planning and Advising

Where can I see my degree requirements?

Degree and graduation requirements for all university, college, major, and minor programs are available on your degree audit report (u-Achieve) through Webster as well as in the Undergraduate Catalog.

How do I find out who my academic advisor is?

New transfer students who have not yet begun taking classes at Bradley should contact their major department for academic advising assistance.

Current students who have already begun their first semester at Bradley can locate their advisor's contact information under the "Other Info" tab in Webster. If no advisor is listed here, simply contact your academic department for assistance.

Click here for more detailed assistance with contacting your academic advisor.

How do I schedule an advising appointment?

Each academic department on campus provides academic advising for its majors through faculty and/or staff advisors. Beyond that, departments schedule appointments differently. Click here for information on preparing for your advising appointment.

How do I prepare for my academic advising appointment?

Preparing for your advising appointment coming into your first term at Bradley will be different from how you should prepare after you have begun classes here.

Students who have not yet begun classes at Bradley should have a list of the classes they have taken and intend on transferring in, as well as any classes in-progress or that will be taken before starting at Bradley.

Current students should be prepared with a list of classes they would like to take before their advising appointment. Most advisors prefer that students bring this list and any questions they have about the course content, curriculum, major, internships, etc. to the advising appointment.

Click here to see a step-by-step guide on preparing for your advising appointment.

What should I bring to my advising appointment?

  • A tentative schedule of classes for the following semester
  • Your u-Achieve audit
  • Short and long-term questions about your major, internships and career beyond Bradley
  • Questions about transferring courses from a community college if need be.

Where do I go to change my major?

All major changes are pending the approval from the department into which you are looking to transfer and the Registrar’s Office. To request to change into another academic program, it is first necessary to speak with your academic advisor, who will be able to help you determine if you should start the process.

What are the academic resources available to me?

As a Bradley student you are eligible to take advantage of a number of resources offered by the Academic Success Center. They and select departments offer drop-in tutoring. You can work one-on-one with peer tutors for a fee, utilize academic coaching, attend various student success workshops and work with tutors in the Writing Center to improve writing skills. They will not proofread your papers for you, but rather assist you in organizing your thoughts. To make an appointment, contact them at (309) 677-3254. The Writing Center is closed during the final examination period.

For more information on these and other services offered by the Academic Success Center please go to their website.

Transfer Credits

How do I see my transfer credits?

Your transfer credits should appear on your degree audit report (u-Achieve), along with all of your courses taken "in residence" (at Bradley University). At the top of the report, you will see a section for transfer coursework. The courses which fulfill graduation requirements will be listed underneath the requirement they fulfill. If your transfer coursework is not showing up on your u-Achieve or if you have a question about how your credits transferred, please make sure you have sent your final transcripts from your previous institution and contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at (309) 677-1000.

I don't see some of my transfer credits. Who should I contact about this?

Upon receipt of your final transcripts to Bradley University, the Office of Undergraduate Admission evaluated your earned credits. This evaluation determined which classes and requirements are satisfied by your previous coursework. If you have any questions about how prior coursework was evaluated, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at (309) 677-1000.

I believe I should have credit for a class, but it does not appear to have transferred. What should I do?

When the final transcripts from your previous institution are received by the Office of Undergraduate Admission, they are evaluated to determine which credits will transfer and what, if any, Bradley graduation requirements will be satisfied by that coursework. Our staff is unable to evaluate incomplete coursework, so your final transcripts displaying your final course grades will be needed to determine transfer equivalency.

We encourage all transfer students to review the Transfer Evaluation Form they receive from their Admission Counselor and make sure that all classes you intend on transferring into Bradley are accounted for and listed properly.

After you have confirmed the equivalency of those credits on your Transfer Evaluation Form, check your degree audit report (u-Achieve) to see that the transferred coursework appears under the transfer coursework category as well as any graduation requirements that the coursework is supposed to satisfy.

If there are any discrepancies between the documents, or for any questions about your transfer credits, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at (309) 677-1000 or the Office for Transfer Student Assistance at (309) 677-2420.