Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
Respondus Lockdown Browser
*It is important to note that First-Year/Transfers using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor for their ALEKS placement exam are using a proprietary system native to ALEKS. It is recommended these students (once they have completed their placement exams) run a fresh install of the tools for use within courses at Bradley University.
How It Works
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
Respondus Monitor builds upon the power of LockDown Browser, using a student’s webcam and industry-leading video analytics to prevent cheating during non-proctored exams.
How It Works
Builds upon LockDown Browser
LockDown Browser is the "gold standard" for locking down a student's computer or iPad during an online exam. That's why 1500 universities rely on it to prevent cheating on 120 million exams each year. Respondus Monitor builds upon the LockDown Browser technology to ensure the computing device isn't used to cheat during a non-proctored exam.
Integrates Seamlessly with Canvas
Students access exams within the LMS as they normally would. Instructors do everything within the LMS too, including the post-exam review of proctoring results.
"Auto-Launches" from any Browser
After a quick one-time installation, Respondus Monitor will auto-launch from the student's browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE) whenever the exam settings require it. Students are then guided through a pre-exam sequence, including a webcam check. Students love the auto-launch capability, which is now available for most learning systems.
No Scheduling or Registration
Exams can be taken with Respondus Monitor without advanced scheduling and without additional registration by the student.