Financial Assistance and Minimum Grade Point Requirements
Recipients of financial assistance are expected to meet the same all-university academic standards (cumulative grade point average) as required of all other students. Recipients of university-funded scholarships are held to higher standards of academic performance.
Evaluation of cumulative grade point average is performed no less than once per year at the conclusion of the spring semester. Depending on individual situations, including “conditional” renewals, the Office of Financial Assistance will evaluate cumulative grade point average more frequently. Students failing to meet the grade point renewal standard may appeal the non-renewal decision to the Financial Assistance Appeal Committee.
The Following are the cumulative grade point average requirements by sources and types of financial assistance:
- Federal Title IV Programs (FCWSP, FSEOG, Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, Pell Grant): 2.0 cumulative grade point average at the conclusion of two years of college.
- State of Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP Grant): 2.0 cumulative grade point average at the conclusion of two years of college.
- Bradley University Grants and Scholarships:
- Bradley Grant, Achiever Grant, Legacy Scholarship, Bradley-Carus Tuition Benefit: 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Presidential Scholarship, Presidential Excellence Scholarship, Dean's Scholarship, Dean's Excellence Scholarship, University Scholarship, Achievement Grant, Project Lead the Way (PLTW), Out of State Scholarship, Caterpillar Employee Dependents Scholarship, Tuition Exchange Scholarship, and all transfer scholarships: 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- FIRST Robotics Scholarship, Continuing Student Excellence Scholarship, Endowed and Annual scholarships: 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
Policies and Procedures
- General Eligibility for Bradley University Undergraduate Grants and Scholarships
- General Appeal for Student Financial Aid Recipients
- Enrollment Requirements and Financial Assistance
- Financial Assistance and Minimum Grade Point Requirements
- Policy for Packaging Financial Assistance
- Policy and Procedure for Awarding Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grants
- Policy and Procedure for Satisfactory Academic Progress-Undergraduates
- Policy and Procedure for Satisfactory Academic Progress-Graduate Students
- Policy and Procedure for Satisfactory Academic Progress-Distance Education Graduate Students
- Policy and Procedure for Packaging External Assistance
- Consumer Information
- Code of Conduct for Bradley Aid Administrators
- Statement of Ethical Principles
- Policy on Student Aid Refunds
- Policy and Guidelines for the Handling Confidential Information