Statement of Ethical Principles
This Statement of Ethical Principles provides that the primary goal of Bradley University’s financial aid professionals is to help students achieve their educational potential by providing appropriate financial resources. To this end, this Statement provides that Bradley University financial aid professionals shall:
- Be committed to removing financial barriers for those who wish to pursue postsecondary learning. Make every effort to assist students with financial need.
- Be aware of the issues affecting students and advocate their interests at the institutional, state, and federal levels.
Support efforts to encourage students, as early as the elementary grades, to aspire to and plan for education beyond high school.
- Educate students and families through quality consumer information.
- Respect the dignity and protect the privacy of students and ensure the confidentiality of student records and personal circumstances.
- Ensure equity by applying all need analysis formulas consistently across the institution’s full population of student financial aid applicants.
- Provide services that do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or economic status.
- Recognize the need for professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- Promote the free expression of ideas and opinions and foster respect for diverse viewpoints within the profession.
- Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
Maintain the highest level of professionalism reflecting a commitment to the goals of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
Policies and Procedures
- General Eligibility for Bradley University Undergraduate Grants and Scholarships
- General Appeal for Student Financial Aid Recipients
- Enrollment Requirements and Financial Assistance
- Financial Assistance and Minimum Grade Point Requirements
- Policy for Packaging Financial Assistance
- Policy and Procedure for Awarding Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grants
- Policy and Procedure for Satisfactory Academic Progress-Undergraduates
- Policy and Procedure for Satisfactory Academic Progress-Graduate Students
- Policy and Procedure for Satisfactory Academic Progress-Distance Education Graduate Students
- Policy and Procedure for Packaging External Assistance
- Consumer Information
- Code of Conduct for Bradley Aid Administrators
- Statement of Ethical Principles
- Policy on Student Aid Refunds
- Policy and Guidelines for the Handling Confidential Information