December 31, 2017 - January 15, 2018
Join our longest-running January Interim Program Abroad.
Comprehensive fee of $3,900 includes
- Round-trip airfare from Chicago O'Hare
- Twin room with private bath and breakfast each day
- 3 hours of Bradley credit
- Public transportation passes and a guided city tour
- International Student Identity Card
- Class excursions, site visits to museums, sites of historical and cultural interest, and more!
*Courses approved for General Education and/or BCC Credit. NOTE: some classes have pre-requisites; do check!
* ETE 280 Exploring Diversity: Learners, Families, And Communities (Gen Ed CD / BCC WC)
Contact: Dr. Sherrie Pardieck
* ENG 302 Travel Writing (Gen Ed C2 / BCC W2)
* LAS 300 Belief Systems: Truth versus Proof (BCC MI)
Contact: Dr. Mat Timm
Why do we humans believe what we believe? How do we form individual beliefs into coherent systems and how can we determine the relationship between belief and truth within these systems? Mathematicians, logicians, and philosophers have been intrigued by these questions for several centuries and have developed techniques we can use to provide answers to them. How can we use these techniques to provide insight into, for example, the societies of the builders and users of Stonehenge or the development of European thought during the Enlightenment? How to these techniques help us understand the development of mathematics and other belief systems? Visits to Stonehenge, the British Museum's Enlightenment Room, and the Winton Gallery of the London Science Museum will help frame our discussions of belief, truth, and proof.
NUR 433/533 International Health and Nursing
Contact: Dr. Deb Erickson
* RLS331 Religions of the Eastern World (Gen Ed NW / BCC GP WC)
Contact: Dr. Dan Getz
* THE 131 Introduction to Theatre (Gen Ed/BCC FA) or
THE 494: Theatre Expedition
Note: requires $250 surcharge for theatre tickets
Contact: Department of Theatre Arts
Note: a minimum 2.5 GPA is required to register for any Study Abroad program at Bradley University. Transfer students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA recorded at BU in order to register.
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION (required if you wish to enroll on April 20) begins March 6 through the link on our studyabroad.bradley.edu homepage. Then, secure your registration in person at 8:30 am Thursday, April 20, in the Student Center Ballroom, where you will enroll in order of cumulative credit hours until classes reach enrollment limits. A $500 non-refundable deposit will be required April 20 to secure your registration. (Deposit must be paid with check or cash; sorry, no credit cards.)
After April 20 you can enroll in the study abroad office for any remaining available seats.