Engage Business and Society
As a Finance major, you will learn to understand the issues inherent in obtaining and using monetary and financial resources. You will develop analytical skills and effective communication skills. You may select courses preparing you for work in fields such as:
- International financial management
- Corporate finance
- Personal financial planning
Opportunity to Innovate
The Finance major is flexible, allowing you to take International Financial Management and Financial Institutions and Markets courses offered in locations such as London and New York City.
You may join the Financial Management Association (FMA) which develops a mock equity portfolio to practice tracking and analyzing securities. The student-led organization also sponsors investment seminars, guest speakers, and annual trips to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
- A total of 24 hours in finance courses including the core: FIN 322 Business Finance, FIN 325 Investment Analysis, FIN 328 Financial Institutions and Markets.
- FIN 494, Financial Strategy, plus a minimum of 3 additional hours in finance courses at the senior level. These classes count as part of the required 24 hours in finance.
- Three hours from courses designated as “tools courses,” selected from:
- QM 326 Business Forecasting
- QM 364 Decision Support Systems
- ECO 319 Introduction to Econometrics
- ECO 418 Mathematical Economics
- An approved three-hour functional area international course, selected from:
- FIN 323 International Financial Management
- ECO 390 International Monetary Economics
- ECO 391 International Trade
- QM 260 Quantitative Methods in Finance or MTH 122 Calculus II
- At least three hours in accounting beyond ATG 157 and ATG 158, selected from:
- ATG 204 Cost Accounting
- ATG 301 Intermediate Accounting
Certifications for Finance Majors
A number of professional certifications and qualification exams exist for finance professionals. Bradley graduates excel in these exams. Some of the designations are listed below:
- CFA Chartered Financial Analyst
- CFP Chartered Financial Planner
- CLU Chartered Life Underwriter
- CPCU Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter
- FRM Financial Risk Manager
Impact the World
Some of the firms and companies which employ our Finance students are:
- RLI Corp.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Federal Reserve Bank