Alcohol Policy


  1. The University expects its students to be knowledgeable of and abide by the law of the State of Illinois, which requires that persons be 21 years of age or older to purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages, including wine and beer.
  2. Use, possession, manufacture, or distribution of alcoholic beverages except as expressly permitted by law or University policy is strictly prohibited.
  3. All student organizations are required to check for a Bradley ID, which is required for admission to the event. 
  4. The University does not permit kegs (including cooler balls, beer bongs, etc.) in any University supervised housing including residence halls, fraternities, sororities, and apartments.
  5. The University does not allow the unapproved consumption of alcoholic beverages by any student, regardless of age, in any public area of the University.
  6. The University does not condone the abuse of alcohol (including drinking games) by any student regardless of age.
  7. The University does not permit sponsorship of registered activities by an alcohol distributor or company.

Alcohol at Student Organization Events on Campus

  1. Alcohol will be permitted in the student center and Hayden-Clark Alumni Center only under the following conditions:
    1. Student organizations may submit a written request to sponsor an event in which alcohol is served.
    2. The request must clearly state the purpose of the event, who will be invited and why the organization feels it is necessary to serve alcohol.
    3. Permission will be granted by the Director of Student Activities and the Assistant Director of Event Services after consultation with the student organization’s advisor.
    4. The appropriate University office will hire bartenders or servers who will also verify the ages of those purchasing alcohol.
    5. A student organization advisor or a designee must be in attendance for the duration of the event. The designees must be approved by the Director of Student Activities and the Assistant Director of Event Services. 
  2. Alcohol will not be permitted on the campus grounds reserved by student organizations.

Alcohol at Sorority or Fraternity Housing Events

All sorority and fraternity organizations with housing facilities are expected to abide by all local, federal, campus and inter/national organization rules and laws. Further the Social Event Policy within the Fraternity and Sorority Risk Management Guidelines must be followed.

Alcohol Counseling Services

Full and part-time students may use the services of the Counseling Center. Individual counseling, assessment, and referral are available on a strictly confidential basis. There are a variety of services available to help educate students on their alcohol usage and alcohol assessments available from a counselor within Health Services.


Students who violate University policy associated with the use of alcohol may be subject to University conduct sanctions.

Questions and Last Updated

Please direct questions to Ryan Bair. Last updated on 1/15/2021.

Ryan Bair

Ryan Bair

Executive Director, Residential Living and Student Conduct

    Sisson Hall 109
    (309) 677-2697