Under the Illinois Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act in 2019 and the federal Drug-Free School and Communities Act in 1898, Bradley University prohibits the possession and use of medical or recreational cannabis or marijuana products on campus regardless of age.
The Illinois Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act mandates:
- An individual must be over age 21 to purchase, possess or use recreational cannabis in the State of Illinois.
- A state resident is limited to possess:
- 30 grams of cannabis flower,
- or no more than 500 milligrams of THC contained in cannabis-infused product,
- or 5 grams of cannabis concentrate.
- A non-state-resident is limited to possess:
- 15 grams of cannabis flower,
- or no more than 250 milligrams of THC contained in cannabis-infused product,
- or 2.5 grams of cannabis concentrate.
- Driving under the influences is prohibited and is subject to legal sanctions.
Residential Living Investigations
Residential Living and Student Conduct may investigate and enter residence hall rooms for a possible drug policy violation based on reasonable evidence. Evidence of drug policy violation can include, but is not limited to, presence of cannabis odor or smoke, seeds, residue, fans, towels near or under doors, open windows, attempts to mask scents, drug paraphernalia, plant cultivation, etc.
Second Hand Cannabis Odor
Cannabis odor that permeates on University property, Possession or use of items that conceal or disguise drug use odor. The use of any substance which creates an odor that may be confused with illegal substances is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, odors that smell like cannabis.
Permitting any person to violate the drug policy in University Residence Halls. Supporting a violation of the drug policy by being present when other people are violating the policy. Students who violate University policy associated with cannabis/marijuana may be subject to University conduct sanctions.
Questions and Last Updated
Please direct questions to Ryan Bair. Last updated on 1/15/2021.
Executive Director, Residential Living and Student Conduct
Sisson Hall 109