- The Student Activities Office must approve materials at least 24 hours in advance of the event.
- Approval can be requested in person or via email. We encourage student organizations to submit their flyers to email@example.com for digital stamp before making copies. If that is not possible, please bring all copies to Student Activities for an ink stamp.
- Only currently registered Student Organizations and Bradley University departments are permitted to post. We do not approve flyers/posters from outside entities.
- Materials should clearly detail:
- The name of the sponsoring organization.
- The date of the event/activity
- Flyers must have ample space for the approval stamp and accommodations statement.
- Flyers should be in good taste and may not include offensive language or photos and may not advertise the sale of alcohol.
- Materials may be only posted on bulletin boards in public areas of Bradley buildings.
- Only one piece of printed material per bulletin board (for each event/service announcement, etc.)
- No materials may be handed out to individuals in public areas or from door to door unless requested and approved in writing from the Director of Student Activities.
- Yard signs are also included in this posting policy. Yard signs should not be displayed for more than 14 consecutive days.
- The sponsor must remove all materials within 24 hours of completion of the event/posting expiration.
- Failure to follow policy will result in all future requests for approval to be denied.
- If you wish to have flyers placed in Residence Hall mailboxes please contact Residence Life for count and distribution information.
Illegal Areas to Post
- Painted Surfaces
- Trash Cans
- Lamp Posts
- Buildings Exteriors/Signs
- Other Signs (Stop, Parking, etc)
- Only sidewalk chalk may be used. No spray chalk is to be used.
- Chalking can occur on sidewalks that are exposed to the elements. No red brick or textured brick surfaces should be chalked on.
- Chalking must be at least five feet from the entry of any building.
- No chalking of steps or curbs is permitted.
- Chalking of the exterior of a building is strictly prohibited.
- Organizations are encouraged to inform Student Activities of chalking plans in advance.
- Failure to follow guidelines will result in clean up fees being assessed to the student organization.
Handouts will be limited to distribution from tables in the Michel Student Center, Markin Recreation Center, and outside grounds, with the approval of the Student Activities Office and the appropriate dean or director. Handouts may also be distributed at meetings and events such as lectures when the materials are those of the sponsoring organization. No person-to-person distribution of handouts in public places is allowed. Door-to-door handouts and solicitation are also prohibited.
Businesses must register with the Event Service prior to circulating and/or posting materials. Non-University businesses are encouraged to distribute literature through The Scout, informational tables, mailboxes, and designated posting areas.
Students or organizations who violate University policy associated with posting may be subject to University conduct sanctions.
Questions and Last Updated
Please direct questions to Cara Wood. Last updated on 1/15/2021.