- Quiet Hours are standardized across all residence halls.
- Quiet Hours are as follows:
- Sunday - Thursday: 10 p.m.-10 a.m.
- Friday - Saturday: Midnight – Noon
- 24-hour Quiet Hours are in effect during study days and final exam periods.
- 24-hour Courtesy Hours: During Courtesy hours, excessive noise should be avoided such as noise that can be heard outside the room or may disturb anyone in the living or surrounding areas (including common areas such as lobbies, conference rooms, study rooms, etc.).
- All set-up requiring amplification or speakers on Olin Quad is to be done in the grass in front of the cement bench.
- All set-up requiring amplification or speakers on Alumni Quad is to be done on the cement directly in front of the Hayden-Clark Alumni Center
- Music amplification, i.e. live band and DJ, will be allowed after 6pm, Monday-Thursday.
- Music amplification will be allowed after 3pm Friday.
- Amplification is to end by 10pm, Sunday-Thursday and 11pm, Friday and Saturday.
- Amplification is not to interfere with classes in session.
- Sponsors will be given one warning to adjust their volume if a complaint is received. A second complaint will result in the event being shut down.
- Exceptions to this policy must be approved in writing by the Director of Student Activities. Exceptions will only be considered for all-campus special events such as Welcome Week, Homecoming and Family Weekends.
Students who violate University policy associated with the noise policy may be subject to University conduct sanctions
Questions and Last Updated
Please direct questions to Ryan Bair. Last updated on 1/15/2021.
Executive Director, Residential Living and Student Conduct
Sisson Hall 109