Freshmen Fellows Applications can be found Here.
*Please note there is an essay and two letters of recommendation required for this application.
- Essay Prompt: Please provide a statement of interest for the Bradley Fellows program, as it relates to your desire to enhance your leadership and service experience.
- Letter of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation must be provided. One letter must be from a high school representative (teacher, administrator, counselor, etc.) and one from a community representative. They can be submit a letter of recommendation via email to Jessica Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be sent via mail to:
LJB Center - Sisson 141
1501 W Bradley Ave.
Peoria, IL 61625
The Fellows program was conceived as a means for instilling leadership skills and civic responsibility through a comprehensive college experience. Each year, 15 freshmen are selected as Fellows. The selected students receive an annual $1,000 scholarship for their participation in this program. In return, the Fellows commit to complete the following objectives:
- Volunteer 40 hours a semester with the majority of the hours for one service agency
- Serve one office hour per week in the Center’s office
- Complete a reflection paper at the end of each semester
- Be an active member in at least one student organization
- Attend group meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Fellows president
- Volunteer 25 hours during the summer (starting your sophomore year)
- Actively participate in one of the Fellows committees (leadership, volunteer, social, or philanthropy)
Each Fellow is awarded a scholarship in recognition of their involvement with the program. The following individuals have provided endowments to provide some of scholarships. The Fellows program could not exist without their generosity. Our deepest appreciation to:
- Ruth Kramer Memorial Scholarship
- Kathryn Jacquin Simpson (Judge John Niehaus Fellowship)
- Lincoln Office Supply (Lincoln Office Endowed Fellowships for Leadership and Public Service)
- Mr. Ed King (The Ed King Scholarship)
- The Robert E. Coker Family (The Robert E. Coker Memorial Scholarship)
- George P. Shadid Jr. Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Michael and Gillian Draper Family Endowed Scholarship