Dependents are defined as a spouse or an unmarried minor child (below 21 years of age) of the primary visa holder. A dependent must have their own DS-2019 and J-2 visa.
J-2 dependents may join the J-1 visa holder in the U.S.
- Study – J-2 dependents can study part-time or full-time at Bradley University or a nearby institution.
- Work – J-2 dependents can apply for work authorization through United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
In order to request to add a dependent to your immigration record, you must email copies of the following documents to OISSS:
- Dependent passport photo page
- Proof of relationship with dependent (passport can be used if child’s passport lists you as a parent)
- Proof of additional funding to cover dependent
- 1st Dependent: $7,190
- 2nd Dependent (and each dependent after 2nd): $3,595